- Webinar DVD's and CD's:
Body Image & Self Esteem: Do's & Don'ts for Helping Your Students Webinar Recording Price:
199.00 (U.S. Dollars)
Negative body image and self-esteem are problems that many students struggle with on a daily basis. How can educators be proactive in helping students develop and maintain a positive self-image? How can educators effectively reach both male and female students? Join us for a 60 minute webinar where you and your colleagues will discover:
- How to approach students with body image issues & what to say
- Ways to institute positive self-image programs in your school
- Strategies for involving parents with at-risk students
- Effective classroom activities that will help students with self-esteem
This practical 60-minute, conference will provide you and your collegues with the strategies you need to work with students struggling with negative body image and self esteem.
- Combating Low Body Image in the Classroom- Strategies for Teachers
- Signs & symptoms of negative body image- Tips for educators
- Non-confrontational ways to approach students about body image
- Classroom activities that address positive body image and self esteem
- Keys to reducing negative body talk in your school
- Difficult Body Image Conversations: How to Handle Any Student & Parent
- Strategies for informing parents of body image issues with their child
- Handling tough questions from students in a weight obsessed world
- Difference between eating disorders & negative body image
- Need to know misconceptions about body image
- Tools to Promote a Healthy Body Image In Your School
- Media Literacy Programs-Why your school needs to start one today
- How to teach students to be unaffected by the media
- How to prevent teachers negative body talk from spreading
- Live question and answer session - Have your specific Body Image questions answered by our expert speaker.
Julia V. Taylor is a professional school counselor for Wake County Public Schools in Raleigh, North Carolina. She is the author of Salvaging Sisterhood, Perfectly You, and G.I.R.L.S: Group Counseling Activities for Enhancing Social and Emotional Development. Taylor delivers solution focused workshops, breakout sessions, and keynote addresses to educators and parents at national and state conferences, public school systems, independent schools and organizations, and PTA groups.
- Taylor received her undergraduate degree in Exercise Science with a concentration in Health Education from George Mason University. She received her master's degree in Psychology with a concentration in School Counseling from Marymount University. She has been a counselor at both the middle and high school levels.
- She has conducted television, magazine, newspaper, and documentary interviews, along with authoring numerous publications about adolescent and parenting issues. She is a blogger and the Professional Interest Network Bullying Specialist for the American School Counselor Association (ASCA) and the committee PR chair for the North Carolina School Counselor Association (NCSCA) Board.
- Taylor is a professional speaker for New York Time's bestselling author Rosalind Wiseman's private company, RPW Inc. She also blogs for her website, rosalindwiseman.com.
- In addition to speaking to professionals, Julia Taylor frequently educates children, teens, and parents in local communities about relational aggression, body image, and other adolescent/teen issues.
The speaker's PowerPoint presentation slides are included with your audio recording purchase. All materials are accessible through the Internet and can be downloaded as a PDF file.
$199.00 for audio conference recording (CD or DVD) and program materials.
This is an outstanding program and therefore we offer purchasers a Money Back Guarantee. We are so confident that you will find the conference valuable that we offer a 100% money back guarantee from now until 30 days after the audio recording is shipped, making this a risk-free investment. If you should have any concerns, comments, or refund requests with this conference, please contact our customer service representatives at 800-964-6033. Audio recordings will be received approximately three weeks after the live conference.