- Webinar DVD's and CD's:
Facebook, Twitter & Blogging: Internet Policies to Protect Your Nonprofit
Webinar Recording Price:
199.00 (U.S. Dollars)
Blogs and social networking sites like Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter have created a whole new set of opportunities - and problems - for nonprofit organizations. What can you do to ensure your employees and volunteers are acting responsibly when using the internet? What policies can you put in place to protect your nonprofit organization's brand and reputation? In this 60-minute webinar you and your staff will discover:
- How to implement & enforce effective online & social networking policies
- Legal discipline measures for cyber misuse and inappropriate behavior
- Specific nonprofit privacy & security risks of Facebook, blogging, etc
- Monitoring internet use: What's legal; what's not
In this practical, 60-minute webinar you will be provided with legal guidelines for preventing, responding to, and disciplining inappropriate online behavior of your staff and volunteers.
- Keys to Drafting a Social Network Policy for Your Nonprofit Organization
- Who should respond to conversations about your organization & how
- Guidelines for staff & volunteer internet use during personal time
- Should employees use personal accounts to promote your nonprofit?
- Can volunteers be held accountable to the same policy as your staff?
- Crossing the Line: Managing Inappropriate Online Behavior
- How to protect your brand from unflattering social network remarks
- When can staff be terminated for misuse of company-owned technology?
- Unacceptable online activity - discipline do's & don'ts
- Strategies to legally monitor employee use of electronic communications
- Employee & Staff Use of the Internet: What Nonprofits Need to Know
- Facebook aliases & at-home postings - privacy & free speech issues
- Posting of matters of "public concern" - are nonprofits still protected?
- Specific steps your nonprofit can take to limit liability & risk
- How to prevent your employees from making mistakes on Facebook
- Live question and answer session - Have your specific social network policy questions answered
Marcia Nelson Jackson is a partner with Wick Phillips, LLP in Dallas, Texas.
- Ms. Jackson's practice includes all aspects of employment and labor law, client counseling, training and internal investigations.
- She assists clients in avoiding litigation through regular training, policy updates and implementation. She also handles FLSA wage and hour collective actions and class action discrimination lawsuits filed under Title VII.
- Ms. Jackson received her B.A. with departmental honors in 1990 from the University of California at Los Angeles, where she received the UCLA President's Award. She received her J.D. in 1994 from the Vanderbilt University School of Law, where she was the Executive Authorities Editor of the Vanderbilt Journal of Transnational Law.
- She is a member of the Dallas Bar Association, the California State Bar Association, the Texas State Bar, and a lifetime member of the UCLA Alumni Association.
- Ms. Jackson is a regular speaker on current issues important to employers.
Full participation in this program is applicable for 1 points in Category 1.B - Education of the CFRE International application for initial certification and/or recertification.
The speaker's PowerPoint presentation slides are included with your audio recording purchase. All materials are accessible through the Internet and can be downloaded as a PDF file.
$199.00 for audio conference recording (CD or DVD) and program materials.
This is an outstanding program and therefore we offer purchasers a Money Back Guarantee. We are so confident that you will find the conference valuable that we offer a 100% money back guarantee from now until 30 days after the audio recording is shipped, making this a risk-free investment. If you should have any concerns, comments, or refund requests with this conference, please contact our customer service representatives at 800-964-6033. Audio recordings will be received approximately three weeks after the live conference.