- Webinar DVD's and CD's:
Difficult Student Conversations: Preparing Your Staff for Interventions
Webinar Recording Price:
199.00 (U.S. Dollars)
Drugs, alcohol and other issues are more prevalent in schools today than ever before. As teachers, you are often the first to identify the problem, but how can your effectively help your students? When and what method is best to approach students, who should be involved, and what are your options for help? Join us for a 60 minute webinar where you and your colleagues will discover:
- How to appropriately approach a student that may have a problem
- Tips on aiding students with domestic substance abuse & violence
- Intervention strategies for students suffering from addictions & more
- Ways to empower students and their friends to ask for help
This practical 60-minute, webinar will provide you and your colleagues with the tools they need to effectively handle in-school drug, alcohol and other serious interventions.
- Alcohol, Drugs & More: How to Prepare Your Staff for Interventions
- Handling the most difficult situations- Denial, anger, aggression & more
- When to involve outside forces- Police, social services & therapy
- Strategies for integrating students back into the classroom
- Strategies for the Classroom: Must Have Training for Educators
- Warning signs to identify students who need help
- Approaching an risk students- How teachers can start a conversation
- Keys to "harm reduction" training & why educators need this
- Working with Parents: Keys to Managing Difficult Situations
- How to work with student's who's parents have substance abuse problems
- Strategies for parents who are in denial about their child's addiction
Strategies for defensive parents- Key conversation techniques
- Live question and answer session - Have your specific Student Assistance Programs and Intervention questions answered by our expert speaker.
Mr. Robert Dousa is the Substance Abuse Health Education Program Manager of the Instructional Services Department of Curricular Programs (Oakland Unified School District, CA). This program includes managing the prevention and intervention of substance abuse of all tobacco, alcohol, and drugs from Oakland's 109 public schools, K-12.
- Mr. Dousa is responsible for educating Principals, staffs, and parents on the warning signs of any drug use, the prevention of such use, and methods of intervening when students are actively engaged in drug use.
- Mr. Dousa also coordinates the delivery of prevention and intervention strategies to the school children in grades 4-12 and works to identify partners in the community towards the goal of assisting students increase their scholastic performance.
- Robert Dousa has served in this capacity for the Oakland Unified School District since 2005 and prior to that served a s substance abuse counselor in the school district and in other school districts in Alameda County, CA.
The speaker's PowerPoint presentation slides are included with your audio recording purchase. All materials are accessible through the Internet and can be downloaded as a PDF file.
$199.00 for audio conference recording (CD or DVD) and program materials.
This is an outstanding program and therefore we offer purchasers a Money Back Guarantee. We are so confident that you will find the conference valuable that we offer a 100% money back guarantee from now until 30 days after the audio recording is shipped, making this a risk-free investment. If you should have any concerns, comments, or refund requests with this conference, please contact our customer service representatives at 800-964-6033. Audio recordings will be received approximately three weeks after the live conference.