- Webinar DVD's and CD's:
Handling Difficult Parents: Strategies in Special Education Webinar Recording Price:
199.00 (U.S. Dollars)
Faculty and administrators have enough on their plates without having their time consumed by over-involved parents. How can you balance parental involvement and still keep the necessary boundaries you need to effectively run your classroom? Join us of a 60-minute conference where you and your colleagues will learn:
- Tips to handle parents' frustration & conflict in special education
- Strategy to direct parents' energy & create partnerships
- Ways faculty and staff can increase positive parent involvement
- Proven ways to handle all difficult parent conversations or questions
This practical, 60-minute webinar will provide you and your colleagues with the latest information on how to properly diffuse agitated parents of special needs children.
- Putting Out the Fire: Techniques for Quick Problem Resolution
- Proven strategies for redirecting difficult conversations
- Language to avoid during conversations with agitated parents
- When you should and shouldn't involve a moderator
- Keys to Create Partnership & Understanding: Fostering Teamwork
- Ways to make parents the source of the information you need
- How to create alliance during the main-streaming process
- Advice to gain information from "positive information only" parents
- Preparation & Planning: Anticipating Emotional Parents
- In-depth explanation of the RAID approach to conflict resolution
- How & when to set boundaries before, during & after conflict
- Tips for implementing the RAID approach in you classroom
- Live question and answer session! Have your specific helicopter parent questions answered.
Dr. Douglas J Fiore has enjoyed a career in education spanning more than 20 years.
- Currently, Dr. Fiore serves as Professor of Education at Virginia State University. Previously, he served as a faculty member at Virginia Commonwealth University and at the University of West Georgia. Dr. Fiore also served as the Director of Professional Practice with the Virginia Department of Education.
- A former teacher and principal, Dr. Fiore received his Ph.D. in Educational Administration and Supervision from Indiana State University, and he currently hold a Virginia Postgraduate Professional License in Educational Administration as well as a Virginia Superintendent's License. Also, Dr. Fiore serves as a member of several educational professional organizations.
- Dr. Fiore is the author of Educational Administration: Standards, Theories, and Practice, 2nd edition, which is widely used at colleges and universities throughout the United States. His other books include Making the RIGHT Decisions: A Guide for School Leaders, Creating Connections for Better Schools: How Leaders Enhance School Culture, and Six Types of Teachers: Recruiting, Retaining, and Mentoring the Best and Dealing With Difficult Parents: And With Parents in Difficult Situations (both coauthored with Dr. Todd Whitaker. Dr. Fiore is a frequent presenter at national and international conferences on issues related to school-family partnerships, leadership improvement, and communication in educational settings. Further information about Dr. Fiore can be found at www.douglasfiore.com.
The speaker's PowerPoint presentation slides are included with your audio recording purchase. All materials are accessible through the Internet and can be downloaded as a PDF file.
$199.00 for audio conference recording (CD or DVD) and program materials.
This is an outstanding program and therefore we offer purchasers a Money Back Guarantee. We are so confident that you will find the conference valuable that we offer a 100% money back guarantee from now until 30 days after the audio recording is shipped, making this a risk-free investment. If you should have any concerns, comments, or refund requests with this conference, please contact our customer service representatives at 800-964-6033. Audio recordings will be received approximately three weeks after the live conference.