- Webinar DVD's and CD's:
Teaching with Classroom Blogs: Increase Student Participation Online Webinar Recording Price:
199.00 (U.S. Dollars)
Educators today are constantly looking for ways they can engage their tech savvy students in the classroom. Creating a classroom blog is an easy way to boost participation and interactivity with your students. How can you incorporate blogs into your lesson plans? And how can you ensure that your classroom blogs stay appropriate? Join us for a 60 minute webinar where you and your colleagues will discover:
- Using blogging to engage students in social learning & collaboration
- Key lesson planning tips: How to teach through blogs posts
- Create a personalized learning environment through blogs posts
- What you should & shouldn't be blogging about
- Specific examples how blogs are used for teaching & learning
This practical 60-minute, webinar will provide you and your colleagues with the essential skills needed to effectively create and use them in a collaborative learning environment.
- Ways to Incorporate Classroom Blogs Into Your Lesson Plans
- How blogging works with both traditional face-to-face & online courses
- Keys to sharing links, photos & videos with your students
- Tips for keeping your blogging appropriate in the classroom
- Step by Step Classroom Blogging Instructions for Educators
- Keys to navigating Blog features & tools
- How blogs have been most successful in classroom settings
- Ways to use Google's free blog tool- "Blogger"
- Classroom Blogs 101: What You Need to Know Before You Get Started
- Free blog tools to choose from & where to get them
- How to select the best blog tools for your classroom
- Tips for designing blogging activities for your class
- Key issues in Blogging- What educators need to know
- Live question and answer session - Have your specific Classroom Blogging questions answered.
Jason Rhode, Ph.D., is the Assistant Director of the Faculty Development and Instructional Design Center at Northern Illinois University. As an experienced online instructor, instructional designer, course developer, and program director, Jason is responsible for developing and offering training programs and support for faculty and staff on teaching with technology and related topics in addition to providing leadership on technology-related issues.
- With over a decade of experience in the field of online learning, Jason has spent the past 6 years working closely with various units at NIU on addressing faculty needs related to online teaching. He has designed and taught dozens of online courses utilizing blogs and other social media tools and he shares his expertise with others interested in incorporating social media in teaching.
- Jason currently designs and teaches online and blended courses in educational technology and instructional design and is a sought after conference speaker, instructor, and online learning consultant.
- He is member of the Midwest Blackboard User's Group (SLATE), Association for Educational Communications and Technology (AECT), Illinois Association for Educational Communications and Technology (IAECT), International Society for Technology in Education (ISTE), and the United States Distance Learning Association (USDLA).
The speaker's PowerPoint presentation slides are included with your audio recording purchase. All materials are accessible through the Internet and can be downloaded as a PDF file.
$199.00 for audio conference recording (CD or DVD) and program materials.
This is an outstanding program and therefore we offer purchasers a Money Back Guarantee. We are so confident that you will find the conference valuable that we offer a 100% money back guarantee from now until 30 days after the audio recording is shipped, making this a risk-free investment. If you should have any concerns, comments, or refund requests with this conference, please contact our customer service representatives at 800-964-6033. Audio recordings will be received approximately three weeks after the live conference.