- Webinar DVD's and CD's:
Improve Reading Comprehension: Simple Strategies that Get Results
Webinar Recording Price:
199.00 (U.S. Dollars)
To effectively improve reading comprehension for the bookworm and the struggling reader, teachers must have an arsenal of techniques at their disposal. How can you better help your students succeed and achieve in reading? Join us for a 60-minute webinar where you and your colleagues will discover:
- Ways to improve reading comprehension and meet standards in 2011
- Methods for linking learning styles and ability in your students
- Small Group Tactics: Instructional strategies teachers can use today
- How to boost the literacy performance of all students at every level
This practical 60-minute, webinar will provide you and your colleagues with strategies and tools from a literacy expert on how to strengthen students understanding and reading comprehension.
- Engage All Reading Levels: Guidelines for Everyday Instruction
- Strategies to reinforce comprehension before, during & after reading
- How to work with "capable" & "less capable" readers in you classroom
- Empower every student: Pre, during and post-reading strategies
- Reading Comprehension Tips & Tricks: Teaching Strategies that Drive Results
- Reading techniques to improve achievement across all disciplines
- How to teach note taking strategies that improve reading comprehension
- Assessment strategies to link learning styles, listening, & reading ability
- Improve Fluency, Comprehension & Literacy: Proven Classroom Techniques
- Ways to apply the pillars of comprehension success in your classroom
Research-based strategies for improving reading comprehension
- Techniques for applying the four pillars of comprehension success
- Live question and answer session - Have your specific literacy questions answered
Jo Gusman grew up in a Spanish speaking farm-working family who experienced the challenges that non-English speakers face in the United States. Based on her childhood experiences as a "limited English speaker", she truly understands the complexities and multiple variables that surround the English language learner.
Jo began her teaching career in 1974 as a bilingual instructional assistant, and later attended California State University, Sacramento where she received her Bilingual Cross-Cultural teaching credential and Masters. Jo was a Bilingual Education teacher for many years, and in 1981 her career led her to the nationally known Newcomer School, where Jo worked in a multilingual setting with refugee and immigrant K-8 students. It is there where she developed her many brain-based ESL strategies.
- Because of her extensive experience and exceptional work with English language learners, she has been featured on national television, and is the recipient of numerous awards, including President Ronald Reagan's recognition for teaching excellence. Presently, Jo provides educators, students, parents, and policy makers with professional development language and literacy seminars throughout the world.
- Jo is the author of "Accelerating Your English Language Learners' Reading Comprehension, Vocabulary Development and Reading Fluency," and "Access: Building Literacy Through Learning" a content area textbook series.
The speaker's PowerPoint presentation slides are included with your audio recording purchase. All materials are accessible through the Internet and can be downloaded as a PDF file.
$199.00 for audio conference recording (CD or DVD) and program materials.
This is an outstanding program and therefore we offer purchasers a Money Back Guarantee. We are so confident that you will find the conference valuable that we offer a 100% money back guarantee from now until 30 days after the audio recording is shipped, making this a risk-free investment. If you should have any concerns, comments, or refund requests with this conference, please contact our customer service representatives at 800-964-6033. Audio recordings will be received approximately three weeks after the live conference.