- Webinar DVD's and CD's:
Difficult Parent Conversations: Be Prepared for Parent/Teacher Conferences
Webinar Recording Price:
199.00 (U.S. Dollars)
Involved parents are crucial to students' success, yet parent-teacher conferences can often become hostile situations if defensive parents are allowed to lose their temper. How can you effectively communicate with your students' parents and be prepared for difficult conversations? Join us for our 60-minute webinar where you and your colleagues will discover:
Effective communication skills to be in control of the conference
- Proven strategies to use when parents complain, blame, & criticize
Ways to handle angry parents before & after they go over your head
- How to deal with parents in denial & overcome "Not My child" mentality
This practical 60-minute, webinar will provide you and your colleagues with the solutions you need to successfully run parent-teacher conferences and confront your difficult parents.
- Handle Difficult Parent-Teacher Conferences: Survival Guide for Success
- Be in control of the conference: Communication tips you need to know
- Difficult issues, grades & behavior: Keys to start a constructive dialogue
- Get your parents involved: Innovative solutions you can use today
- Stop Difficult Parents in Their Tracks: Top Ways to Confront Them
- Effective tips to stop helicopter behavior early on
Dealing with rude or angry parents: What you need to do
- Best mindsets to work positively with parents through the year
- Secrets to Turn Difficult Conversations into Positive Solutions
- How to create a welcoming environment &understand parents expectations
- Improve your meetings with specific classroom arrangements
- Specific strategies to learn when to listen & when to zip it
- Live question and answer session - Have your specific Parent-Teacher questions answered!
Dr. Douglas J Fiore has enjoyed a career in education spanning more than 20 years.
- Currently, Dr. Fiore serves as Professor of Education at Virginia State University. Previously, he served as a faculty member at Virginia Commonwealth University and at the University of West Georgia. Dr. Fiore also served as the Director of Professional Practice with the Virginia Department of Education.
- A former teacher and principal, Dr. Fiore received his Ph.D. in Educational Administration and Supervision from Indiana State University, and he currently hold a Virginia Postgraduate Professional License in Educational Administration as well as a Virginia Superintendent's License. Also, Dr. Fiore serves as a member of several educational professional organizations.
- Dr. Fiore is the author of Educational Administration: Standards, Theories, and Practice, 2nd edition, which is widely used at colleges and universities throughout the United States. His other books include Making the RIGHT Decisions: A Guide for School Leaders, Creating Connections for Better Schools: How Leaders Enhance School Culture, and Six Types of Teachers: Recruiting, Retaining, and Mentoring the Best and Dealing With Difficult Parents: And With Parents in Difficult Situations (both coauthored with Dr. Todd Whitaker. Dr. Fiore is a frequent presenter at national and international conferences on issues related to school-family partnerships, leadership improvement, and communication in educational settings. Further information about Dr. Fiore can be found at www.douglasfiore.com.
The speaker's PowerPoint presentation slides are included with your audio recording purchase. All materials are accessible through the Internet and can be downloaded as a PDF file.
$199.00 for audio conference recording (CD or DVD) and program materials.
This is an outstanding program and therefore we offer purchasers a Money Back Guarantee. We are so confident that you will find the conference valuable that we offer a 100% money back guarantee from now until 30 days after the audio recording is shipped, making this a risk-free investment. If you should have any concerns, comments, or refund requests with this conference, please contact our customer service representatives at 800-964-6033. Audio recordings will be received approximately three weeks after the live conference.