- Webinar DVD's and CD's:
Facebook, Email, & Blogging: Employee Internet Policies for Schools Webinar Recording Price:
199.00 (U.S. Dollars)
Facebook, Email, Blogging, and YouTube are not just for your students. You teachers, administrators, and staff are also online and their profiles are accessible to your students. Can you prevent faculty and staff from "friending" students, responding to comments students post about them, or badmouthing other faculty, staff, or even your school? Join us for a 60 minute webinar where you and your staff will discover:
- Drafting online & social networking policies for school employees
- Specific privacy & security risks of Facebook, email, etc. for schools
- Inappropriate cyber behavior- legally disciplining school employees
- Facebook & Texting between faculty & students - must have policies
- How to allow Facebook use for educational benefits & still avoid the risks
This practical, 60-minute webinar will provide you and your colleagues with legal guidelines for disciplining, responding to, & preventing inappropriate online behavior of school employees.
- School Employees' Inappropriate Online Behavior: Discipline Do's & Don'ts
- Faculty "friending" students- what to do when educators cross the line
- Responding to employee online slander of faculty, staff, or your school
- Unacceptable online interaction with students- discipline do's & don'ts
- Employee "sexting" & exploitation- what you can & can't do
- Drafting Essential Facebook & Internet Policies for School Employees
- Course use of social networking sites- setting boundaries for faculty
- What should & shouldn't be in included in your employee handbook
- Facebook & e-mail policies to protect your faculty, staff, & school
- Employee Use of the Internet, Facebook, & Blogs: What Schools Should Know
- Facebook aliases & at-home postings- privacy & free speech issues
- Posting on matters of "public concern" - Are educators still protected?
The most common mistakes schools are making & how to avoid them
- Specific steps your school can take to limit liability & risk
- Live question and answer session - Have your specific questions answered by our expert speaker.
Janet R. Decker, J.D., Ph.D. (ABD) is an educator, attorney, and researcher. She is currently a Research Associate at Indiana University's Center for Evaluation and Education Policy (CEEP).
- For the past 14 semesters, Janet has taught education law courses to pre-service teachers and administrators.
- Prior to joining the faculty at Indiana University, Janet was a behavioral consultant and special education teacher.
The speaker's PowerPoint presentation slides are included with your audio recording purchase. All materials are accessible through the Internet and can be downloaded as a PDF file.
$199.00 for audio conference recording (CD or DVD) and program materials.
This is an outstanding program and therefore we offer purchasers a Money Back Guarantee. We are so confident that you will find the conference valuable that we offer a 100% money back guarantee from now until 30 days after the audio recording is shipped, making this a risk-free investment. If you should have any concerns, comments, or refund requests with this conference, please contact our customer service representatives at 800-964-6033. Audio recordings will be received approximately three weeks after the live conference.