- Webinar DVD's and CD's:
Know Your Garnishments: Eliminate Confusion, Ensure Compliance Webinar Recording Price:
199.00 (U.S. Dollars)
Garnishments and levies are one of the most complicated aspects of payroll management. Failing to follow garnishment laws will result in stiff penalties and fines. Stay compliant! Join us for this 60-minute webinar to discover:
- Managing multiple types of garnishments: Which take priority?
- Voluntary wage assignments vs. garnishments: Know the difference
Accurately determine the withholding under a federal tax levy
Properly handle support calculations involving medical support deductions
Join renowned garnishment expert Amy Bryant for this comprehensive 60-minute webinar that covers the complex and troublesome situations that can arise during the garnishment process.
- Key issues for applying the priority rules for support components
- Guidelines for proper allocation of multiple support orders
What to do when the total exceeds the withholding limits of certain states
- How Much to Withhold? - Above and Beyond Basic Withholdings
- Identify what limits apply to an employee's child support withholding
State guaranty agencies vs. Dept. of Ed.: Calculations for student loans
- Voluntary Wage Assignment: Must you deduct? Know when & why
- Rules & Regulations Affecting Garnishments: The Latest Compliance Issues
- How the Uniform Interstate Family Support Act affects child support
- Comply with the Debt Collection Improvement and Higher Education Acts
- Learn how to prioritize support, levies, garnishments & other wage attachments
Question-and-Answer Session - Hear real-world issues addressed!
Amorette (Amy) Nelson Bryant, CPP, was a payroll manager for 15 years and a garnishment consultant for the past 13 years. She is author of The Complete Guide to Federal and State Garnishment and co-author of the Federal Office of Child Support Enforcement's The Employer's Desk Guide to Child Support. Her background includes:
- Co-Chair of the APA Government Affairs Task Force Child Support Subcommittee and the Garnishment Subcommittee. She is former Chair of the Large Employer Task Force Legislative Sub-committee and current member of the APA Hotline. She also served on two committees with the Texas Attorney General's Office, Division of Child Support Enforcement.
- Worked with the federal Office of Child Support Enforcement to design the Order/Notice to Withhold and is a member of the e-IWO workgroup and OCSE Taskforce for employers and state agencies.
- She is a long-time member of the American Payroll Association (APA), and serves on a number of subcommittees. She was a co-founder of the Portland, Oregon Chapter and the Texas Payroll Conference. She has held numerous offices, including President of the Portland and Houston Chapters of the APA, and she regularly conducts garnishment workshops for the APA, local APA chapters and regional conferences.
This program is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be addressed to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors, 150 Fourth Avenue North, Suite 700, Nashville, TN, 37219-2417. Web site: www.nasba.org
Prerequisites: Basic skill level required
Program Level: Intermediate
Advance preparation: No prerequisites
Credit Awarded: 1 CPE Credit (50 minutes)
The speaker's PowerPoint presentation slides are included with your audio recording purchase. All materials are accessible through the Internet and can be downloaded as a PDF file.
$199.00 for audio conference recording (CD or DVD) and program materials.
This is an outstanding program and therefore we offer purchasers a Money Back Guarantee. We are so confident that you will find the conference valuable that we offer a 100% money back guarantee from now until 30 days after the audio recording is shipped, making this a risk-free investment. If you should have any concerns, comments, or refund requests with this conference, please contact our customer service representatives at 800-964-6033. Audio recordings will be received approximately three weeks after the live conference.