- Webinar DVD's and CD's:
Social Media, Privacy & Student Misuse: Keys to Avoid Painful Liability Webinar Recording Price:
199.00 (U.S. Dollars)
Facebook as a classroom tool presents a considerable opportunity to engage students and electrify learning. However, issues of privacy and appropriate account management must be anticipated and prepared for. How can you make Facebook a social media success for you and your students while avoiding major liability and painful mistakes? Join us for a 60 minute webinar where you and your colleagues will discover:
- How to use Facebook to engage students with social & collaborative learning
- Keys to combat issues of privacy and propriety in and out of class
- Ideas and examples of how to bring Facebook into class activities
Best practice guidelines: What other schools have done to add fun with Facebook
This practical, 60-minute webinar will provide you and your colleagues with effective Facebook strategies to engage students, boost learning, and protect the privacy of students and faculty.
- Boost Learning in Your Classroom: How Facebook Can Help Your Students
- Strategies to implement Facebook in lessons & class activities
- How to use Facebook for homework, polling and school events
- What other schools have done & how to mirror their success
- Facebook in the Classroom: Issues & Considerations for Educators
- Serious pitfalls to avoid when using Facebook in your class
- How to keep your Facebook page appropriate for your students
- How to protect the privacy of both students & faculty
What to communicate on Facebook & what to discuss in person
- Teaching with Facebook: Tools, Tips & Tricks to Connect with Students
- When to use Facebook in the classroom versus Edmodo
- Integrating Facebook conversations with mobile devices: iPads & cell phones
- Tips to creating multiple profiles & how to manage them
Discover differences between profiles, groups, pages & applications
- Live question and answer session - Have your specific Facebook questions answered by our expert speaker
Michael Staton is the founder and CEO of Inigral. Inigral is considered to be the leading company in developing social software for student engagement, and has been named one of the top ten innovative companies in Education by Fast Company.
- Michael and his staff developed Schools App, a third-party Facebook Application that allows your college to create a private, branded social network for your students within Facebook that will engage them in ways that Pages and Groups can't.
- Michael has been a panelist for the ASU Innovation in Education Summit, SXSW, Internet Week, and the President's Council on the Advancement of Science and Technology on issues in secondary and post-secondary education.
- He helps other education entrepreneurs get off the ground the best he can, and functions as an advisor to companies like Notehall.
- Prior to starting Inigral, Michael was a secondary educator and curriculum designer focused on building a college readiness curriculum framework.
The speaker's PowerPoint presentation slides are included with your audio recording purchase. All materials are accessible through the Internet and can be downloaded as a PDF file.
$199.00 for audio conference recording (CD or DVD) and program materials.
This is an outstanding program and therefore we offer purchasers a Money Back Guarantee. We are so confident that you will find the conference valuable that we offer a 100% money back guarantee from now until 30 days after the audio recording is shipped, making this a risk-free investment. If you should have any concerns, comments, or refund requests with this conference, please contact our customer service representatives at 800-964-6033. Audio recordings will be received approximately three weeks after the live conference.