For the first time in 24 years, EPA is moving to make changes to its underground storage tank (UST) requirements. These changes will align the UST program with Energy Bill the Federal new release technologies that prevent and detect leaks. Facilities with USTs will be required to bring their tank management programs into compliance with the proposed new rules. In this 60-minute webinar you and your team will learn:
- New planned requirements under EPA's updated UST program
- Changes to inspections and inspection frequency
- Elimination of deferment of diesel generator tanks
- Additional secondary containment requirements for tanks & piping
- What additional testing practices will be required and when
In this 60-minute program you will gain a clear explanation of changes to EPA's new underground storage tanks requirements, and guidelines to keep your facility compliant with the new rules.
- UST Program Update: Understanding EPA's Proposed Changes
- What EPA changes will be targeting for existing tanks
- Updates to codes of practice to align with current codes & standards
- New requirements for operator and systems owner training
- When and will your state incorporate UST program changes?
- Spill Prevention & Detection: What You Need to Know Now
- How often must spill prevention equipment now be tested?
- New release prevention and detection technologies
- Secondary containment for new and replaced tanks and piping
- Changes to Tank Management: Compliance Guidelines for Your Facility
- What testing will be required after repairs are made?
- Requirements that now also impact petroleum tanks
- Additional operation and maintenance requirements
- Live Question & Answer Session - Have your specific UST question answered!
David Piercey of JD2 Environmental has over 28 years' experience and is recognized as one of the country's leading tank specialists. His extensive background includes:
- Instructor for the various organizations on tank installation, repair and standards.
- Contributing Author for "Aboveground Storage Tank Management and SPCC Guide" and "Underground Storage Tank Management," both are published by ABS Consulting
- Consulting with a wide range of facilities on developing SPCC and ICP plans to ensure compliance with EPA requirements.
- Has conducted thousand of storage tank design, construction, upgrade, and inspection programs throughout the United States.
- Works with clients nationwide to provide tank management programs for both underground and aboveground storage tanks.
- Underground storage tank instructor for Operator A,B and C training
- Committee member for Petroleum Equipment Institute (PEI), recommended practices for Inspection and Maintenance for USTs, PEI-RP900 and PEI Recommended Practices for the Installation of USTs, PEI-RP100.
The speaker's PowerPoint presentation slides are included with your audio recording purchase. All materials are accessible through the Internet and can be downloaded as a PDF file.