- Webinar DVD's and CD's:
Form W-9 and W-8: How to Stay Compliant and Avoid Penalties Webinar Recording Price:
199.00 (U.S. Dollars)
Under U.S. federal tax law, businesses making certain payments must request either Form W-9, W-8 or W-8BEN, detailing specific information about the payee. Beyond regulating withholding, payers must make sure that the forms are current, complete and accurate. How can you ensure a proper form that will not subject your company to penalties, interest or tax? Join us for this 60-minute webinar where you and your colleagues will discover:
- What information must be included on each form?
- W-9 and W-8 status requirements: Regulations for different types of businesses
- Form W-9 and W-8 review strategies to avoid audits and penalties
- Keys to properly navigating backup withholding requirements
This highly efficient 60-minute webinar will provide you and your colleagues with the necessary tools to ensure payments requiring a Form W-9 or W-8 are properly reported.
- Form W-9: Strategies to Navigate IRS Standards and Practices
- How to accurately acquire information from payees
- B-notice process and TIN matching: what you need to know
- What payments require a form W-9?
- Handling Form W-8: Keys to Stay Out of Hot Water
- How to report information of non-resident employees
- When to use W-8BEN, or W-8ECI, W-8IMY, W-8EXP
- What the IRS looks for when pulling a vendors file
- Crucial Strategies to Avoid Costly Audits & Fines
- How to determine how much tax to withhold
- Form W-8 & W-9 red flags: spot them before it's too late
- Keys to effectively validate and review your forms
- Question & Answer Session - Have All of Your W-9 & W-8 Questions Answered!
Ira B. Mirsky is a partner in the law firm of McDermott Will & Emery LLP and is based in the Firm's Washington, D.C., office.
- Ira focuses his practice on tax controversy matters related to employee compensation, fringe and welfare benefits, deferred compensation arrangements, and employment tax and information reporting issues in general.
- Mr. Mirsky is significantly involved in IRS examination and tax due diligence matters involving executive compensation and fringe benefit issues; worker classification issues; tax information reporting issues in connection with financial institutions, vendors and qualified retirement plans; administrative and compliance matters related to tax-qualified retirement and welfare benefit programs; and penalty and interest matters in connection with the reporting, withholding and deposit of employment taxes.
The speaker's PowerPoint presentation slides are included with your audio recording purchase. All materials are accessible through the Internet and can be downloaded as a PDF file.
$199.00 for audio conference recording (CD or DVD) and program materials.
This is an outstanding program and therefore we offer purchasers a Money Back Guarantee. We are so confident that you will find the conference valuable that we offer a 100% money back guarantee from now until 30 days after the audio recording is shipped, making this a risk-free investment. If you should have any concerns, comments, or refund requests with this conference, please contact our customer service representatives at 800-964-6033. Audio recordings will be received approximately three weeks after the live conference.