- Webinar DVD's and CD's:
Step-by-Step Guide for Your Employee Handbook: 6-Part HR Training Webinar Recording Price:
999.00 (U.S. Dollars)
Your employee handbook is your best defense against costly lawsuits. This comprehensive, hands-on 6-part training for HR will save you the time and hassle of creating or updating your handbook minimizing legal liability & mistakes. For one low price, your HR team will discover:
- Step-by-step instructions & hands-on training to get your handbook done!
FMLA, ADA, GINA: Crucial regulation updates to minimize liability
- Your handbook audit checklist: What to save, what to dump
Social Media, Attendance, Misconduct: Policy updates & employee privacy
12+ Sample policies & disclaimers to avoid painful claims
Hunter will personally review & offer feedback on your employee handbook
This series of high-impact, virtual seminars have been designed to provide you and your staff with all the tools to draft or update an effective employee handbook that protects your company from costly litigation and liability.
- Latest Regulation & Policy Updates: What to Save, What to Dump - Day 1/Part 1
- FMLA & FLSA: How Federal law affects your handbook
- Latest changes to the ADA Amendments Act
- EEOC's credit report restrictions
- How to avoid litigation & enhance communication with an updated handbook
- Documentation, burden of proof, affirmative defense & privacy issues
- Handbook Language & The Law - Day 1/Part 2
- Essential disclaimers: How and when to write them
- How employers can be held accountable for what is NOT in writing
- Expert insights on case law & handbooks: What happened & What to expect
- Keys to use the handbook language as your defense to discrimination charges
- Who should be involved in the creation or update of your handbook
- Practices that Make Bad Policy: Alternatives to Minimize Mistakes - Day 2/Part 1
- "Everyone is treated fairly and consistently."
- "Supervisors may not date subordinate employees."
"Supervisors will conduct exit interviews with all resigning employees."
- "We do not discuss salaries at this place of work."
- Update & Simplify Your Handbook with This Audit Checklist - Day 2/Part 2
- Keys to use permissive rather than mandatory language for safety
- Separate management procedure from company policy to streamline the handbook
- Effective guidance to develop handbook policy that manages itself
- How a more simple & effective language will be to company advantage
- 4 Policies that Should Be Nowhere Near Your Handbook - Day 3/Part 1
- "Three strikes and you're out": Keys to implement a progressive discipline
- Probationary Periods: Alternatives to safely integrate your new employees
Bereavement: How to minimize awkward conversations & company liability
"Unauthorized overtime will not be paid": Tips to handle it right instead!
- 12 Sample Policies You Shouldn't Live Without - Day 3/Part 2
- Social Media, Internet, Emails & Blogs: Latest updates you need to know
- Yes you can hire and fire for "attitude" with the right policy
- No more gossip, whining, rolling eyes or constant complaining
- Triangulation, behavior, relationships, off-the-job misconduct
- Latest updates on behavior, workplace romance & paid time off
- Sample policies: Attitude, gossip, attendance & misconduct
Live Question & Answer Session - Hear Your Handbook Questions Answered!
Hunter Lott, is an award-winning trainer with the American Management Association, Vistage and the Society of Human Resource Management. Highlights of his background include:
- He serves as HR support for small, growing businesses through his membership organization Hunter 24/7. Hunter has reviewed over 1,100 employee handbooks in the last eight years.
- His clients include Anheuser-Busch, FedEx Kinko's, Carpet One, Vistage, The National Institutes of Health and Morton Buildings.
- He attended Tulane University in New Orleans, graduated from Iowa State University and currently resides in Rochester, MN.
This program has been approved for 1 recertification credit hour toward PHR, SPHR and GPHR recertification through the Human Resource Certification Institute (HRCI). For more information about certification or recertification, please visit the HRCI homepage at www.hrci.org.
The speaker's PowerPoint presentation slides are included with your audio recording purchase. All materials are accessible through the Internet and can be downloaded as a PDF file.
$999.00 for audio conference recording (CD or DVD) and program materials.
This is an outstanding program and therefore we offer purchasers a Money Back Guarantee. We are so confident that you will find the conference valuable that we offer a 100% money back guarantee from now until 30 days after the audio recording is shipped, making this a risk-free investment. If you should have any concerns, comments, or refund requests with this conference, please contact our customer service representatives at 800-964-6033. Audio recordings will be received approximately three weeks after the live conference.