- Webinar DVD's and CD's:
Improving Reading Comprehension: Proven Strategies that Increase Test Scores Webinar Recording Price:
199.00 (U.S. Dollars)
Achieving a high level of reading comprehension is essential to student success, both on standardized tests and beyond. With NCLB and federal money being based on these scores, it is also essential that educators improve their students' comprehension, not just for tomorrow, but for today as well. Join us for this 60 minute webinar where you and your colleagues will learn:
- Co-op learning, scaffolds & more: Strategies to help students retain what they read
- Critical steps to vary your comprehension instruction depending on ability level
- Explicit learning: Keys to transform your students into active readers
- How to empower students to teach and improve themselves
Bonus: Interactive exercise to help understand your students as they read
- Reading to Understand: Strategies that Improve Retention & Comprehension
- Multi level instruction: Keys to reaching students on any reading level
- Solutions to create active readers through explicit teaching design
- Different Classroom Structures: How to Engage Students While Reading
- Cooperative discussions: Keys to enhancing comprehension orally
Peer vs. whole class models: Which works best for you
- Interactive comprehension exercise: Get in the minds of your students
- Critical Issues in Reading Comprehension: Solutions for Your School
- Comprehension, NCLB, & test scores: What educators need to know
- Avoid comprehension lapses: How to keep students focused while reading
- Real world examples from the classroom: What's working today
- Live Q & A session: Hear expert answers to all your reading comprehension questions!
John Schacter is president of The Teaching Doctors. He earned his Ph.D. from UCLA in educational psychology and graduated with highest honors in Literature from UC San Diego.
- A former K-8 teacher and summer school principal, Dr. Schacter also served as vice president of research for the Milken Family Foundation, Senior Fellow at the Stanford Educational Leadership Institute, and is an Adjunct Professor of Educational Psychology at San Jose State University.
- He is the author of over 40 research articles, three books, and has provided professional development for thousands of teachers and administrators in schools across the United States.
The speaker's PowerPoint presentation slides are included with your audio recording purchase. All materials are accessible through the Internet and can be downloaded as a PDF file.
$199.00 for audio conference recording (CD or DVD) and program materials.
This is an outstanding program and therefore we offer purchasers a Money Back Guarantee. We are so confident that you will find the conference valuable that we offer a 100% money back guarantee from now until 30 days after the audio recording is shipped, making this a risk-free investment. If you should have any concerns, comments, or refund requests with this conference, please contact our customer service representatives at 800-964-6033. Audio recordings will be received approximately three weeks after the live conference.