- Webinar DVD's and CD's:
Making Payments To Non-US Persons: Keys To IRS Compliance Webinar Recording Price:
199.00 (U.S. Dollars)
Withholding and reporting on payments made to non-U.S. vendors is more challenging than ever with the new IRS compliance focus on payments to nonresident alien individuals, foreign entities, and foreign governments. Stay compliant on the issues of documenting non-U.S. vendors, withholding on U.S. source FDAP payments to non-U.S. vendors, and completing Form 1042 and 1042-S reporting by joining us for this 60-minute webinar to discover:
- Know the rules and exceptions for NRA vendor withholding
- Understand how payments for goods, products, and supplies differ from FDAP
- Learn how to properly file Forms 1042, 1042-S, W8, 8809 and 7004
- Avoid large audit assessments: What does the IRS want?
This practical 60-minute webinar will provide you and your colleagues with the information you need to keep your organization in compliance with the IRS when making NRA vendor payments.
- Key to Stay Compliant With Foreign Vendor Payments
- How to fulfill reporting obligations via Form 1042, 1042-S
- Critical steps to take when correcting Form 1042-S
- When does a tax liability occur and when to use Forms 8809 and 7004?
- What Information Do You Need to Withhold and Report Correctly?
- Essential documentation you need before the vendor is paid
- Correctly using the Forms W-8: W-8BEN, W8-ECI vs. Form 8233
- Who is a beneficial owner and when can they claim reduced withholding?
- Best Practices to Record & Maintain International Vendor Documentation
- Identify circumstances when additional documentation is required
- Additional documentation issues of Foreign Status and Treaty Claims
- Issues and answers for presumption rules when documentation is "iffy"
- Live Q&A - Have your questions answered on the spot!
Kelli Wooten is Of Counsel to Burt, Staples & Maner, LLP and Vice President - Consulting for Compliance Technologies International, LLP.
- Prior to joining the firm, Ms. Wooten had an extensive and accomplished career at Procter & Gamble where she served in many capacities, including domestic and international tax compliance, audit and litigation, and indirect tax.
- Ms. Wooten spent three years in San Jose, Costa Rica, leading the development of a North American tax compliance operation in a shared service environment through the development of success metrics, process design, and organizational training, leveraging operational efficiencies and reducing costs while delivering best-in-class compliance services. While in Costa Rica, Ms. Wooten led a diverse staff in designing strategies for compliance with U.S. withholding and reporting requirements across both the financial services sectors (ISOP, Shareholder Services) and vendor payments.
- While based at Procter & Gamble's world headquarters in Cincinnati, Ohio, Ms. Wooten was a Group Manager in the tax audit and litigation practice where she collaborated across multiple IRS teams to manage high profile issues such as technology donations and foreign tax credits.
The speaker's PowerPoint presentation slides are included with your audio recording purchase. All materials are accessible through the Internet and can be downloaded as a PDF file.
$199.00 for audio conference recording (CD or DVD) and program materials.
This is an outstanding program and therefore we offer purchasers a Money Back Guarantee. We are so confident that you will find the conference valuable that we offer a 100% money back guarantee from now until 30 days after the audio recording is shipped, making this a risk-free investment. If you should have any concerns, comments, or refund requests with this conference, please contact our customer service representatives at 800-964-6033. Audio recordings will be received approximately three weeks after the live conference.