- Webinar DVD's and CD's:
HR Background Checks: Effective Solutions to Legally Dig for Dirt Webinar Recording Price:
199.00 (U.S. Dollars)
What you don't know about employees can hurt you. But how do you legally get that information? Just one bad hire, a privacy issue or a simple compliance mistake can put your company both legally and financially at risk. Join us for a 60-minute webinar where our expert speaker will discuss:
- Legal restrictions on background checks: What you can and cannot do
- How to comply with the Fair Credit Reporting Act
- Keys to lawfully obtain applicants' information without a third-party
- The most common investigator mistakes & how to avoid them
Documentation do's & don'ts: Solutions to avoid legal liability
With this practical, 60-minute webinar you will learn how to conduct effective background checks, minimizing legal liability and fines.
- Background Check for HR: What to Do at Every Step of the Process
- Plan & structure your background checks: Keys for success
- Solutions to legally locate, evaluate & utilize criminal records
Ways to exercise due diligence obligations to minimize hiring risks
- Conduct Effective Background Checks: Limit Liability, Avoid Fines
- What's legal & what's not: Keys to comply with Fair Credit Reporting Act
- Privacy laws & EEOC: Procedures that minimize your legal liability
- How to conduct internet searches to legally screen potential employees
- Tips to effectively search public records: Where & what to look for
- State legislations: Which states are limiting the use of credit checks?
- Up-to-date lawful employment applications & pre-employment inquiries
- Types of background checks you should use for all employers
- Live Q&A Session: Hear Your Background Check Questions Answered!
Max Muller has more than 36 years of business experience as an attorney, businessman and professional trainer.
- In 1990, drawing on his diverse background, he began a consulting practice focusing on providing practical solutions in the areas of workplace legalities, e.g., equal employment opportunity, sexual harassment, FMLA, ADA, COBRA, FLSA, ADEA, etc.; safety and health regulatory compliance (OSHA); facilities management; and, warehousing/ inventory control.
- He authored several books like "The Manager's Guide to HR: Hiring, Firing, Performance Evaluations, Documentation, Benefits, and Everything Else You Need to Know." AMACOM Books and SHRM, New York City, January 2009.
- He has presented more than 3,000 seminars, webinars and pod-casts all over the world attended or listened to by more than 100,000 people.
This program has been approved for 1 recertification credit hour toward PHR, SPHR and GPHR recertification through the Human Resource Certification Institute (HRCI). For more information about certification or recertification, please visit the HRCI homepage at www.hrci.org.
The speaker's PowerPoint presentation slides are included with your audio recording purchase. All materials are accessible through the Internet and can be downloaded as a PDF file.