- Audio Conference DVD's and CD's:
Benefits for Domestic Partners: Do's and Don'ts You Need to Know Audio Conference Recording Price: 199.00
Coverage of domestic partners is the fastest growing trend in health care plans today. But, implementing a benefit plan for domestic partners can be complicated and confusing. Join us for a 60-minute audio conference where you will discover:
- What to do (and what to avoid) when establishing a domestic partner benefit plan
- Why some domestic partners are "dependents" and some are not - and why it matters
- Administrative "best practices" you need to know when implementing a plan
- The latest state and federal rules concerning domestic and same-sex partners
In this practical, 60-minute audio conference, you and your colleagues will be provided with critical information you need to know to develop an effective and compliant benefit plan to accommodate domestic and same-sex partners.
- Making Sense of State Laws - What You Need to Know
- Who is considered a "spouse" under the law
- How state "same-sex marriage" and "civil union" laws affect benefit plans
- What happens when the issue crosses state lines
- How Key Federal Laws Impact Same-Sex and Domestic Partner Coverage
- HIPAA, COBRA & Section 125 - How these laws impact benefit coverage
- Which domestic partners may participate in a cafeteria plan
- Why a same-sex partner is not a "spouse" under Federal Law - What this means to you
- Administrative Landmines to Avoid
- How the laws differ for same-sex, domestic partner and common law spouses
- What is the legal framework for domestic partners under the Tax Code & ERISA
- What you need to know about special enrollment rights for domestic partners and their children
- Live question and answer session - Have your specific domestic partner benefit questions answered
Mr. Edward C. Fensholt is an attorney and the Director of Compliance Services at Lockton Benefit Group, the nation's largest privately-owned employee benefits consulting and brokerage firm. His background includes:
- 18 years concentrating in the area of ERISA and other aspects of employee benefits law.
- Extensive experience regarding: Compliance issues under the Tax Code and ERISA with respect to retirement, health and other fringe benefit plans; qualified and nonqualified plan design, implementation and administration; employee benefits issues in mergers and acquisitions.
- Former partner in the employee benefits practice group of a large Kansas City-based law firm.
- Frequent nationwide lecturer on employee benefit matters and published author of articles on employee benefit issues.
This program has been approved for 1 recertification credit hour toward PHR and SPHR recertification through the Human Resource Certification Institute (HRCI). For more information about certification or recertification, please visit the HRCI homepage at www.hrci.org.
The speaker's PowerPoint presentation slides are included with your audio recording purchase. All materials are accessible through the Internet and can be downloaded as a PDF file.
$199.00 for audio conference recording (CD or DVD) and program materials.
This is an outstanding program and therefore we offer purchasers a Money Back Guarantee. We are so confident that you will find the conference valuable that we offer a 100% money back guarantee from now until 30 days after the audio recording is shipped, making this a risk-free investment. Audio recordings will be received approximately three weeks after the live conference.