- Webinar DVD's and CD's:
Requesting Bequests: The Right Way to Solicit Legacy Gifts Webinar Recording Price:
199.00 (U.S. Dollars)
When surveyed, most people say they would consider leaving a gift for charity in their will. In reality, only 1 in 20 actually does. Why not? Nonprofits never asked or established the strong relationship necessary to deserve to be written into a will. What tools do you need to ask for bequests and build your legacy giving program? Join us for this 60-minute webinar where you and your colleagues will learn:
- Keys to better communication that leads to more bequests
- How to make the ask - what must you do differently
- Challenges of securing bequests & how to overcome them
- Keys to developing a legacy program that attracts planned gifts
In this no-nonsense, 60-minute webinar, you and your colleagues will learn concrete activities any nonprofit can use to earn the trust of your constituents and secure bequests for your organization's future.
- Soliciting Bequests - Key Factors in Gaining Bequests & Legacy Gifts
- Communication tips to help your donors think of you when considering a gift
- 4 strategies to create your Legacy Society & identify obvious members
- One annual ask you always have to make - what you need to know
- Cultivating Donor Relations - How to Make Your Constituents Love You
- 5 ways to make your donors feel the love before & after a gift is promised
- How to get your Board "on board" for an active planned giving program
- The three best marketing tools for communicating your message
- Essential Components of a Planned Giving Program that Earns More Bequests
- Strategies to develop a proactive, donor focused marketing program
The right language to use when crafting your bequest appeal
How to design effective brochures, mailings & more to win bequests
- Live question and answer session - Have your specific bequests questions answered.
Rick Schwartz has been a leader in nonprofit communications for more than 35 years. He is a top-rated speaker nationally as well as a consultant in communications, strategic thinking, and development. He has been responsible for more than 30 annual reports (that's when he stopped counting) and continues to create and consult on new ones every year.
- Rick was a journalist for the first part of his career, from newspapers in Indiana and Pennsylvania to a national magazine in Washington, DC to a political journal in Boston.
- He was staff director for the Massachusetts Senate Committee for Human Services, overseeing 14 areas from corrections to welfare and leading major investigations into the Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI) system, placement of children in adult mental health facilities, and unreported deaths of patients in state care.
- Rick worked with hundreds of arts nonprofits of all sizes as Director of Communications for the Massachusetts Council on the Arts and Humanities, then the second largest state arts grantmaker in the nation.
- From 1993-2006, he was vice president for communications at The Rhode Island Foundation, winning five national awards for websites and publications and a German Marshall Fellowship to study foundations in Europe.
- Additional information can be found on his website: www.schwartztalk.com.
Full participation in this program is applicable for 1 points in Category 1.B - Education of the CFRE International application for initial certification and/or recertification.
The speaker's PowerPoint presentation slides are included with your audio recording purchase. All materials are accessible through the Internet and can be downloaded as a PDF file.
$199.00 for audio conference recording (CD or DVD) and program materials.
This is an outstanding program and therefore we offer purchasers a Money Back Guarantee. We are so confident that you will find the conference valuable that we offer a 100% money back guarantee from now until 30 days after the audio recording is shipped, making this a risk-free investment. If you should have any concerns, comments, or refund requests with this conference, please contact our customer service representatives at 800-964-6033. Audio recordings will be received approximately three weeks after the live conference.