- Webinar DVD's and CD's:
Records Retention Policies for Nonprofits: What to Save; What to Shred Webinar Recording Price:
199.00 (U.S. Dollars)
Nonprofit organizations are often scrutinized for transparency and accountability; so having a defensible, "real" retention and destruction
policy is critical to meet disclosure requirements. How long should your
nonprofit organization keep records, how should your records be stored, and who should have access to various types of information? Join us for a live, 60-minute webinar where you will learn:
- What information should & should not be routinely retained & destroyed
- Tips for developing a records retention policy for your organization
- Legal risks of "under-saving": Know the "must-keep" rules
- What records is your organization required to maintain under law?
- Unique considerations for nonprofits regarding record retention
In this practical, 60-minute webinar, a leading Records Retention and e-Discovery law attorney will provide you and your colleagues with the latest information on practical tips for developing a workable records retention and destruction policy that can be tailored to your nonprofit organization.
- Nonprofit Record Keeping - What's Required Under the Law
- What are the key retention requirements for your information?
- How does IRS Form 990 impact your record keeping policies?
- Complying with Sarbanes-Oxley - What's mandated vs. recommended
- How often should your program be audited to ensure compliance?
- Drafting Policies for Electronic Record Retention & Destruction
- Managing electronic information vs. paper - what are the differences?
- Key elements of an e-records retention policy - what you need to know
- What are your obligations for computerized files, websites, and emails?
- How to avoid potential pitfalls& legal issues with paperless records
- Customizing a Compliant Record Retention Program for Your Organization
- Keys to dealing with records supporting tax-exempt status
- Tips & valuable resources to use when establishing your records policy
- Ways to prepare for and handle non-party subpoenas
- How to take into account typical claims affecting your nonprofit
- Live question and answer session - Have your specific retention, destruction and litigation-preparedness questions answered
Records-Retention and eDiscovery expert Robert D. Brownstone, Esq. is the Technology &eDiscovery Counsel and Electronic-Information-Management (EIM) group's Co-Chair at Fenwick &West LLP, a 300 attorney Silicon-Valley-based law firm specializing in providing comprehensive services to prominent technology and life sciences clients.
- Mr. Brownstone advises nonprofit as well as for-profit clients on retention/destruction policies and protocols, electronic discovery, electronic information management, information security and privacy.
- He regularly collaborates with clients on computer solutions that ensure compliance with legal obligations.
- A nationwide advisor, speaker and writer, Mr. Brownstone is frequently quoted in the press as an expert on electronic information.
- He also teaches Electronic Discovery classes at the University of San Francisco School of Law and Santa Clara University School of Law.
- Mr. Brownstone is a member of four state bars (including California and New York) and of the National Employment Law Institute (NELI) Advisory Board and is the Immediate Past Chair of the Executive Committee of the State Bar of California's Law Practice Management & Technology (LPMT) Section.
This program is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be addressed to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors, 150 Fourth Avenue North, Suite 700, Nashville, TN, 37219-2417. Web site: www.nasba.org
Prerequisites: Basic skill level required
Program Level: Intermediate
Advance preparation: No prerequisites
Credit Awarded: 1 CPE Credit (50 minutes)
Full participation in this program is applicable for 1 points in Category 1.B - Education of the CFRE International application for initial certification and/or recertification.
The speaker's PowerPoint presentation slides are included with your audio recording purchase. All materials are accessible through the Internet and can be downloaded as a PDF file.
$199.00 for audio conference recording (CD or DVD) and program materials.
This is an outstanding program and therefore we offer purchasers a Money Back Guarantee. We are so confident that you will find the conference valuable that we offer a 100% money back guarantee from now until 30 days after the audio recording is shipped, making this a risk-free investment. If you should have any concerns, comments, or refund requests with this conference, please contact our customer service representatives at 800-964-6033. Audio recordings will be received approximately three weeks after the live conference.