- Webinar DVD's and CD's:
Unclaimed Property Compliance: Keys to Escheatment Reporting Webinar Recording Price:
199.00 (U.S. Dollars)
Collections of unclaimed property are at their highest levels ever as many
states are hiring aggressive, third party auditors on a contingency basis.
Failing to comply with state unclaimed property laws can expose your company
to severe penalties, interest and possible criminal liability. You can't afford to be non-compliant. Join us for this 60-minute webinar where you and your colleagues will discover:
- Types of unclaimed property and dormancy period requirements
- Identify hidden unclaimed property in your records and on your books
- Policies, processes and procedures for reporting unclaimed property
- Comprehensive overview of state escheatment guidelines
This practical, 60-minute webinar will provide you and your colleagues with the facts and specifics to make your company compliant with current unclaimed property legislation and to remove unclaimed property red flags found in an audit.
- Identifying Unclaimed& Abandoned Property: Keys To Compliance
- Essentials for classifying unclaimed property: What it is and isn't
- How to handle uncashed checks, credit balances, unclaimed gifts
- What dormancy periods are applied to unclaimed property?
- Key property types and exemptions: Assets, liabilities and owner's equity
- Reporting Unclaimed Property: Obligations and Accountability
- Key for preparing a report: What information is required?
- What states unclaimed property should be reported to and when
- What records do you need to keep and for how long?
- How & when to request amnesty or file a Voluntary Disclosure Agreement (VDA)
- Escheatment Guidelines: Meet The Latest Requirements for 2013
- What critical risk components can lead to an audit?
- How to minimize liability and create a thorough due diligence program
- Latest state and industry legislation concerning unclaimed property
- Live Q& A Session: Have Your Specific Questions Answered by Our Expert!
Tracey L. Reid, J.D., LL.M. is the president of Reid Unclaimed Property Services, LLC, a national unclaimed property consulting and audit defense firm assisting companies of all sizes with their Unclaimed Property issues. Tracey is also the 2012-13 President of the Unclaimed Property Professional Organization, which is a professional organization dedicated to unclaimed property information, education, networking and advocacy for the
private sector. Her background includes:
- Tracey has been helping companies tackle their unclaimed property issues for over a decade by conducting unclaimed property compliance reviews designed to asses exposure, potential savings opportunities and compliance process improvements.
- Ms. Reid is the former manager in National Tax Practice of Deloitte & Touche LLP, specializing in unclaimed Property.
- Tracey is the author of the book, "Unclaimed Property: A Compliance Process and Audit Survival Guide" (John Wiley & Sons, 2008) and contributing author of "Cost Recovery: Turning Your Accounts Payable Department Into a Profit Center" (Lanza, Richard A., John Wiley & Sons, 2009).
- Ms. Reid is a frequent speaker and writer on unclaimed property issues and is a member of both the Ohio and Florida Bar Association.
The speaker's PowerPoint presentation slides are included with your audio recording purchase. All materials are accessible through the Internet and can be downloaded as a PDF file.
$199.00 for audio conference recording (CD or DVD) and program materials.
This is an outstanding program and therefore we offer purchasers a Money Back Guarantee. We are so confident that you will find the conference valuable that we offer a 100% money back guarantee from now until 30 days after the audio recording is shipped, making this a risk-free investment. If you should have any concerns, comments, or refund requests with this conference, please contact our customer service representatives at 800-964-6033. Audio recordings will be received approximately three weeks after the live conference.