- Webinar DVD's and CD's:
Student Search and Seizure: Legal Guidelines for K-12 Educators Webinar Recording Price:
199.00 (U.S. Dollars)
Student search and seizure guidelines continue to leave a grey area for educators and administrators. With the challenges of new technology, higher drug use, and increased school violence, how can you implement a search and seizure program that will safeguard your school, your students, and minimize legal liability? Join us for this 60 minute webinar where you and your staff will learn:
- Confiscation dos and don'ts for cell phones, laptops & personal belongings
When is it okay to monitor student texts, emails & Facebook pages?
Most common mistakes schools are making and how to avoid them
This practical 60-minute, webinar will provide you and your staff with guidance on how to develop a search and seizure program that protects both your school and your students.
- Search & Seizure: Keys for Dealing with Student Technology Misconduct
- Cell phones, laptops & iPods: Confiscation dos and don'ts
- Keys to searching student texts, email & Facebook pages
- Strategies for monitoring inappropriate student behavior online
- K-12 Search and Seizure Practices: What's Legal, What's Not?
- Searching backpacks, lockers, and computers: Keys to stay compliant
Tips to effectively deal with Illegal drugs or weapons on school property
- When is it time to involve local law enforcement at your school?
- Clearing up the Confusion: 4th Amendment Rights in Schools
- Guidelines for investigating student behavior under the 4th amendment
- How to avoid violating students' reasonable expectation of privacy
Administrative searches - do's and don'ts to ensure compliance
- Live Q&A Session: Have your specific questions answered by our expert.
Edwin C. Darden is Director of Education Law and Policy for Appleseed Network which is a nonprofit network of public interest justice centers and professionals dedicated to building a just society through legal, legislative and market-based structural reform.
- Edwin is President of The Education Advocacy Firm, Inc. (EdAdvocacy), in Virginia, an enterprise helping school district leaders improve how they manage K-12 law and policy issues. EdAdvocacy specializes in empowering public school principals to better understand federal law and therefore avoid lawsuits.
- Darden previously served as senior staff attorney at the National School Boards Association and as Director of the Center for Urban Schools Program at the New York State School Boards Association. He was for five years a contributing editor and author of the "School Law" column in American School Board Journal magazine and is now the "Education Law" columnist for Phi Delta Kappa magazine.
- Darden is a member of the advisory boards for Parents for Public Schools and the Mid-Atlantic Equity Assistance Center and is immediate-Past President of the Education Law Association. He holds a juris doctor from Georgetown University Law Center.
The speaker's PowerPoint presentation slides are included with your audio recording purchase. All materials are accessible through the Internet and can be downloaded as a PDF file.
$199.00 for audio conference recording (CD or DVD) and program materials.
This is an outstanding program and therefore we offer purchasers a Money Back Guarantee. We are so confident that you will find the conference valuable that we offer a 100% money back guarantee from now until 30 days after the audio recording is shipped, making this a risk-free investment. If you should have any concerns, comments, or refund requests with this conference, please contact our customer service representatives at 800-964-6033. Audio recordings will be received approximately three weeks after the live conference.