- Webinar DVD's and CD's:
New FERPA Amendments Defined: What Educators Need to Know Webinar Recording Price:
199.00 (U.S. Dollars)
The United States Department of Education has issued controversial amendments to FERPA regulations, expanding the usage of student data. The changes affect the rights of students and parents to the privacy of education records. What do these regulatory developments mean, and how will they impact operations at your school and your responsibilities as an educator? Join us for this 60 minute webinar where you and your staff will learn:
- Amendments to FERPA: What are They and How do They Affect your School
- Expanded Data Usage: Steps You Must Take to Ensure Compliance
- New Amendments Defined: Implications on Responsibility and School Operations
- Specific Policy Changes You Must Make in Light of New Changes
This practical 60-minute, audio conference will provide advanced instruction for administrators responsible for the compilation, custody, and disclosure of information from student records under the new FERPA regulations.
- New FERPA Updates Take Effect: How the Changes Impact Your School
- Why changes have been made & how they will affect your school
- Sticky exceptions & complicated FERPA issues you must know
- Understanding student and parent rights: Keys to ensure compliance
- Key FERPA Changes Regarding Disclosures of Information
- What definitions and disclosure requirements have been affected?
- How do research and studies of educational effectiveness impact disclosures?
- What are institutions required to disclose and to whom?
- Policy & Procedures affected by FERPA Changes
- Keys to ensure compliance and still protect student privacy
- Disclosure policy changes you must implement now
- Policy changes defined: Impact on operations and responsibilities
- Live Q&A Session: Have your specific questions answered by our expert.
Clifford A. Ramirez is widely respected for his expertise on the federal Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA). He is the author of four books, including Managing the Privacy of Student Records (LRP Publications, 2002) and, most recently, FERPA Clear and Simple (Jossey-Bass, 2009). In addition, he collaborated on Records Management for Higher Education (LRP Publications, 2006) and The FERPA Answer Book (Jossey-Bass, 2009).
- A registrar in higher education for over 23 years, Cliff has worked at UCLA and Antioch University Los Angeles.
Currently, he serves as registrar at Claremont Graduate University. In 2004, he founded Cliff Ramirez & Associates to
provide training and consulting in the areas of FERPA, records management, and student services.
- Involved in his profession, Cliff served as president of the Pacific Association of Collegiate Registrars and
Admissions Officers (PACRAO) and the UCLA Administrators & Supervisors Association (ASA). He has contributed to numerous
initiatives through PACRAO, the American Association of Collegiate Registrars and Admissions Officers (AACRAO), and the
Council on Law in Higher Education (CLHE). Cliff is also affiliated with Registrar & Enrollment Services Consulting for
Colleges & Universities (RESCCU).
- Passionate about professional development, Cliff has been a frequent presenter at conferences and learning events.
He was the founder of the UC Management & Leadership Conference (UCML) and the PACRAO Emerging Professional Institute (EPI).
- A native of southern California, Cliff attended the University of Notre Dame and the Graduate Theological Union.
In 2011, he was named a Summer Fellow for the Peabody Professional Institute for Senior Academic and Enrollment
Services Professionals at Vanderbilt University.
The speaker's PowerPoint presentation slides are included with your audio recording purchase. All materials are accessible through the Internet and can be downloaded as a PDF file.
$199.00 for audio conference recording (CD or DVD) and program materials.
This is an outstanding program and therefore we offer purchasers a Money Back Guarantee. We are so confident that you will find the conference valuable that we offer a 100% money back guarantee from now until 30 days after the audio recording is shipped, making this a risk-free investment. If you should have any concerns, comments, or refund requests with this conference, please contact our customer service representatives at 800-964-6033. Audio recordings will be received approximately three weeks after the live conference.