- Webinar DVD's and CD's:
Finance for Non-Financial Managers: Understanding the Terms and Concepts Webinar Recording Price:
199.00 (U.S. Dollars)
Knowing the essentials of finance can offer a great advantage to the members of any business department. However, many managers and employees don't know how to speak "the language of business" well enough to achieve their department's goals and justify requests. Join us for this 60-minute webinar:
- How to read a financial statement
- Understand key finance definitions, ratios, terms & concepts
- How to promote and support the financial goals of your company
- Financial statements and their relationship to payroll
Join us for this 60-minute webinar that will provide you with the skills to communicate in financial terms.
- Finance for Non-Financial Managers: Understanding the Terms and Concepts
- Understand financial statements, terms & concepts
- Ensure you're an asset: Get a firm grasp of the numbers side of your job
- How to "think finance" and translate performance into financial terms
- Know the in's and out's of income statements
- Utilizing Financial Strategies to Self Audit: Stay Compliant, Avoid Errors
- 5 Groups of Accounts: Assets, Liabilities, Equity, Revenues & Expenses
- Guidelines & principles every manager should recognize
- Understanding Taxes: Which taxes affect net income?
- Financial Statements & the Payroll Department: How Do They Translate?
- Budgeting for payroll: The statements that are most useful
- Utilizing financial statements: Improve your payroll process
- Forecast for payroll: Develop a financial-based system
- Live Question & Answer Session - Have your questions answered by the expert!
Joe Grasso is Associate Dean of Finance, Administration and Corporate Relations in the ILR School at Cornell University.
- He has 25 years of financial and managerial experience in the private, public, and non-profit sectors.
In addition to his administrative responsibilities, he has regularly taught resident graduate and undergraduate
ILR courses (Finance for Human Resources, Non-Profit Finance and Management, and Employee Benefits) on campus in
Ithaca and continuing education/extension courses for the Human Capital Development program in New York City as well
as the MPS Degree program in NYC.
- Grasso started his career on the Financial Management Program at General Electric. He was also VP of
Finance and Administration at Allegheny College, and Director of Budget, Planning, and Institutional
Research at Colgate University. Grasso spent nearly a decade in New York State government serving as a Senior
Budget Analyst in the Division of the Budget and as Director of the Budget for the New York State Thruway Authority.
- He received his graduate degree in human resources from the ILR School at Cornell University, and a B.A. in
economics from St. Lawrence University.
This program is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be addressed to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors, 150 Fourth Avenue North, Suite 700, Nashville, TN, 37219-2417. Web site: www.nasba.org
Prerequisites: Basic skill level required
Program Level: Intermediate
Advance preparation: No prerequisites
Credit Awarded: 1 CPE Credit (50 minutes)
The speaker's PowerPoint presentation slides are included with your audio recording purchase. All materials are accessible through the Internet and can be downloaded as a PDF file.
$199.00 for audio conference recording (CD or DVD) and program materials.
This is an outstanding program and therefore we offer purchasers a Money Back Guarantee. We are so confident that you will find the conference valuable that we offer a 100% money back guarantee from now until 30 days after the audio recording is shipped, making this a risk-free investment. If you should have any concerns, comments, or refund requests with this conference, please contact our customer service representatives at 800-964-6033. Audio recordings will be received approximately three weeks after the live conference.