- Audio Conference DVD's and CD's:
New FERPA Regs: What Educators Need to Know Now Audio Conference Recording Price: 199.00
The first significant changes to FERPA since 2000 are expected to take effect this December. Many educators are looking for straight forward guidance and clarification of this highly complex regulation. How much latitude do you have in sharing information about a student (without student approval) when you believe the health and safety of that student or others may be in jeopardy? Join us for a 60-minute audio conference where you and your team will learn:
- What are the proposed changes to FERPA?
- Steps to remain in compliance and protect student privacy
- Keys to determine when a student record is protected under FERPA
- Policy changes you need to make in light of the changes
This 60-minute program will provide valuable information to anticipate possible FERPA changes and maintain compliance with the legal requirements and the privacy rights of students and their families.
- How Will FERPA Changes Impact Schools?
- Disclosing information in health and safety situations - what you can and can't do
- FERPA violations: What kind of liability would school officials face?
- Verifying the identity of parties requesting student records
- Who you can and cannot release student records to without consent
- Understanding the Proposed Changes to FERPA
- What educators need to do when these changes are passed
- What definitions and disclosure requirements are being clarified?
- How has "personally identifiable information" changed
- What are the Key Requirements of FERPA?
- When and how you must notify students of their rights
- What are a student's rights under FERPA?
- Who you can and can't talk to about student records
- When a student seeks to amend records: What you must do
- LIVE Question and Answer Session - Have your real-world FERPA questions addressed!
Clifford A. Ramirez is widely respected as a FERPA expert, writer, teacher, and education leader.
- He is the president of Cliff Ramirez & Associates (pdrenterprises.net), an education training and consulting company which he founded in 2004.
- Active in education for over 18 years, Cliff's expertise includes FERPA and student privacy, registrar and student services, leadership and organizational development, and records management.
- Cliff is the author of four books and numerous articles and is featured in other media products about FERPA.
- He currently serves as the FERPA expert for College Parents of America. Cliff is part of the Registrars and Enrollment Services Consulting for Colleges and Universities (RESCCU) group and is widely sought after by institutions and associations for presentations and professional development workshops.
- Cliff is currently serving as Associate Registrar at Pomona College in Claremont, CA.
- A graduate cum laude of the University of Notre Dame, Cliff attended the Graduate Theological Union at Berkeley and spent 14 years in the Registrar's Office at UCLA. He has served as president of higher education associations and is the founder of three prestigious institutes.
The speaker's PowerPoint presentation slides are included with your audio recording purchase. All materials are accessible through the Internet and can be downloaded as a PDF file.
$199.00 for audio conference recording (CD or DVD) and program materials.
This is an outstanding program and therefore we offer purchasers a Money Back Guarantee. We are so confident that you will find the conference valuable that we offer a 100% money back guarantee from now until 30 days after the audio recording is shipped, making this a risk-free investment. Audio recordings will be received approximately three weeks after the live conference.