- Webinar DVD's and CD's:
Teaching Students with Disabilities: Overcome Challenges, Promote Success
Webinar Recording Price:
199.00 (U.S. Dollars)
One in seven American kids has a learning disability (LD), and this involves big challenges for both the students and your school staff. Join us of a 60-minute webinar where you and your colleagues will learn powerful strategies, effective tools and resources to help students with disabilities succeed academically.
- Students with disabilities in K-12: How to overcome teaching challenges
- IEP's & other accommodations: Best tools to help students succeed
- Effective strategies to reduce discipline issues in your classroom
- How to handle difficult conversations with parents of LD children
- Real life examples: How LD's affect classroom behavior & learning
This 60-minute webinar will provide you and your colleagues with effective solutions to empower and support students with learning disabilities in your classroom.
- Empowering Students with Disabilities: Innovative Solutions for K-12
- Keys to identify students with LD's & to help them meet educational goals
- Best ways to structure your classroom to reach all of your students
Counselors, nurses, & other staff: How to get everybody on board
- Teaching Students with Disabilities: Best Techniques to Promote Success
- The right teaching strategies: Tools for a creative & engaging classroom
IEP's & transition plans: How they help guiding the learning curve
- Tips to help you grade students with learning disabilities fairly
- Discipline Issues & Difficult Conversations: Be Prepared, Avoid Mistakes
- Helicopter parents & difficult conversations: Strategies for K-12
Discipline techniques & LD's: Methods to deal with difficult children
- Transition to postsecondary school: Advising solutions to promote success
Live question & answer session: Have your specific Disabilities questions answered
Mary Lee Vance, Ph.D. is an active member of NACADA, AHEAD, and NASPA. She is co-chair elect for the Disability KC. In 2009 NACADA published the monograph Advising Students with Disabilities that she lead edited. AHEAD published in 2007 DISABLED Faculty and Staff in a Disabling Society, a book she also edited.
- Mary Lee has done many presentations to student teachers and teachers for their CEU's, and have been invited back to do annual presentations on K-12 legislation and UD in the K-12 environment.
- She serves on the AHEAD Practice Brief Review Board for the (JPED) Journal of Postsecondary Education and Disability, as well as the NACADA Journal Review Board (both are refereed journals).
- In addition, she has made over 100 presentations internationally on a wide variety of topics ranging from academic preparation, advisement, career planning, diversity, disability and Universal Design.
Dr. Trent Atkins is the Chair of the Department of Curriculum and Instruction at The University of Montana. He is also an Associate Professor of Special Education.
- Trent completed his undergraduate work at The Ohio State University and his doctorate at the University of Oregon.
- His primary areas of research revolve around multi-tiered systems of service delivery and alternative education programs. Trent also serves as a project evaluator and a project partner for multiple international projects and projects with tribal colleges.
The speaker's PowerPoint presentation slides are included with your audio recording purchase. All materials are accessible through the Internet and can be downloaded as a PDF file.
$199.00 for audio conference recording (CD or DVD) and program materials.
This is an outstanding program and therefore we offer purchasers a Money Back Guarantee. We are so confident that you will find the conference valuable that we offer a 100% money back guarantee from now until 30 days after the audio recording is shipped, making this a risk-free investment. If you should have any concerns, comments, or refund requests with this conference, please contact our customer service representatives at 800-964-6033. Audio recordings will be received approximately three weeks after the live conference.