- Webinar DVD's and CD's:
Copyright Guide for K-12: Keep Your School Compliant & Minimize Liability Webinar Recording Price:
199.00 (U.S. Dollars)
In today's digital world, educators and students have unparalleled access to information and mobile devices. This easy access often leads to the unknowing illegal reproduction and unauthorized use of materials, leaving schools liable and open to legal action. How can you ensure your school stays compliant with all forms of copyright law? Join us for this 60 minute webinar where you and your staff will learn:
- Fair use, trademarks and copyrights: Legal do's & don'ts for educators
- Personal and school liability issues you need to know now
- When & how educators can use music, movies, photos, and more
- Be compliant, minimize liability: Keys to draft effective school policies
This practical, 60-minute webinar will provide you and your colleagues with legal guidelines for school use of copyrighted works, trademarks, and intellectual property.
- Avoid Violations in Your School: Keys to Stay Copyright Compliant
- Fair Use determinations: What you can & can't use without permission
- Specific examples of how & when you can use music & movies
- Copying & distributing course materials: How to avoid common errors
- Prevent Personal & School Liability: Legal Do's & Dont's for Compliance
- The T.E.A.C.H. Act, and other exemptions: What you need to know
- Keys to obtaining rights to use content when licenses are mandatory
- Creating and policing school trademarks: Mascots, logos, & more
- Downloading materials from the internet: Essential precautions to take
- Protect Your School: Guidelines for Effective Copyright Policies
- The latest legal & policy developments affecting K-12 schools
- Evaluating and updating existing school policies and guidelines
- What copyright compliance means to your school
- Specific examples of when permission is and is not required
- Live Q&A Session: Have your specific questions answered by our expert.
Leslie Robert Stellman is the leader of the education and employment practice group of Maryland's largest school law firm, Hodes, Pessin & Katz, P.A.
- For over 37 years Mr. Stellman has represented boards of education, as well as private and charter schools and
institutions of higher education, in all aspects of school law, including teacher terminations, student rights,
religious and disability accommodation, copyright and trademark issues, special education, purchasing and procurement,
collective bargaining, and employment discrimination.
- He is co-author with Lou Fischer and David Schimmel of the 8th edition of Teachers and the Law and co-author with
David Schimmel of School Law: What Every Educator Should Know, as well as numerous articles and lectures on topics
relating to public education. He is a member of the faculty of the School of Education at the Johns Hopkins University,
as well as the Baltimore University School of Law, where he teaches education law, and has taught higher education law to
students in the Morgan State University graduate program in community college leadership.
The speaker's PowerPoint presentation slides are included with your audio recording purchase. All materials are accessible through the Internet and can be downloaded as a PDF file.
$199.00 for audio conference recording (CD or DVD) and program materials.
This is an outstanding program and therefore we offer purchasers a Money Back Guarantee. We are so confident that you will find the conference valuable that we offer a 100% money back guarantee from now until 30 days after the audio recording is shipped, making this a risk-free investment. If you should have any concerns, comments, or refund requests with this conference, please contact our customer service representatives at 800-964-6033. Audio recordings will be received approximately three weeks after the live conference.