- Audio Conference DVD's and CD's:
How to Conduct a Workplace Investigation – and Not Screw Up Audio Conference Recording Price: 199.00
When an employee violates a workplace rule, you are placed "on notice". How you respond will determine your legal liability and the pain you must endure. How do you ensure your investigation solves the problem without creating new ones? Join us for a 60-minute audio conference where you will discover:
- When, how and by whom investigations should be handled?
- How to effectively guard against retaliation claims
- Specific questions you should and shouldn't ask
- Documentation do's and don'ts: What you need to know
This practical, 60-minute audio conference will provide you and your
colleagues with insightful and useful tips, from a leading attorney
in the field of labor & employment law, that will help protect employer interests and avoid potential pitfalls when monitoring and regulating off duty employee conduct..
- Step-by-step guidance for any investigation
- Procedures you need in place to handle employee complaints
- Documentation guidelines: From initial complaint to wrap-up
- No-nonsense tips for responding to allegations
- When you are "put on notice" - and must investigate
- Investigation Traps and Pitfalls: How to Avoid Them
- Specific tips for interviewing the victim, accused and witnesses
- How to balance privacy concerns and the need for information
- How to respond allegations against the executive team
- Handling "he said/she said" allegations when there are no eyewitnesses
- Minimize Your Legal Liability: How to conduct effective investigations
- The wrap-up: How to follow-up with the victim and the accused
- Keys to limit your exposure to lawsuits and regulatory intervention
- Federal & state laws that you need to know before you investigate
- Critical steps to help guard against retaliation claims
- Question and Answer Sessions - Hear Real-World Questions Answered by Our Expert Speaker!
Employment Law and workplace investigation expert, Jason C. Schwartz is a partner in the Washington, D.C. office of Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher. He is a member of the firm's Labor and Employment Practice Group and its Litigation Department. Mr. Schwartz serves on the firm's Hiring Committee and its Career Development Committee.
- His practice includes the full range of labor and employment matters, including those involving wage-hour and discrimination laws, non-competition agreements and trade secrets, Sarbanes-Oxley and other whistleblower protection laws, the Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA), and the Occupational Safety and Health Act (OSHA).
- In addition, Mr. Schwartz regularly counsels local and national employers, presents employment law-related training programs, and negotiates employment and other related agreements. Mr. Schwartz also has experience representing individuals and corporations in civil and criminal litigation, and in internal corporate investigations.
- Mr. Schwartz practices primarily in the areas of labor and employment litigation, negotiations, and counseling. He was ranked as a leader in employment law counseling by The Legal 500 US.
- He has litigated employment matters in state and federal courts and administrative forums throughout the country, as well as in arbitration, and has represented clients before federal, state and local regulatory agencies.
- Mr. Schwartz's recent representative matters include the defense of national employers in wage-hour class actions, the defense of a major automaker in age, race, gender and disability discrimination and ERISA litigation arising from a reduction in force, and the representation of numerous companies in high-stakes non-compete and trade secrets disputes.
- He has also successfully tried several sensitive whistleblower matters for major national employers, and he recently prevailed in a precedent-setting Labor Department appeal of one of the first Sarbanes-Oxley whistleblower cases to proceed to trial.
This program has been approved for 1 recertification credit hour toward PHR and SPHR recertification through the Human Resource Certification Institute (HRCI). For more information about certification or recertification, please visit the HRCI homepage at www.hrci.org.
The speaker's PowerPoint presentation slides are included with your audio recording purchase. All materials are accessible through the Internet and can be downloaded as a PDF file.
$199.00 for audio conference recording (CD or DVD) and program materials.
This is an outstanding program and therefore we offer purchasers a Money Back Guarantee. We are so confident that you will find the conference valuable that we offer a 100% money back guarantee from now until 30 days after the audio recording is shipped, making this a risk-free investment. Audio recordings will be received approximately three weeks after the live conference.