- Audio Conference DVD's and CD's:
New 409A Deferred Compensation Rules: Keys to Compliance for 2009 Audio Conference Recording Price: 199.00
Compliance with the final Section 409A regulations is required by January 1, 2009. Failure to comply with the complex rules could result in hefty IRS penalties, including 20% excise taxes and interest charges. Join us for this live 60-minute audio conference where you and your colleagues will discover:
- Which plans and agreements are affected by the new Section 409A rules?
- What your company needs to have in writing before December 31st
- Reporting and withholding requirements you need to know
- Steps that must be taken NOW to stay IRS compliant
This 60-minute audio conference will provide you and your colleagues with how to stay compliant with the new 409A Deferred Compensation rules effective January 1, 2009.
- Deferred Compensation New Rules: What Does This Mean To Your Company?
- What is, and isn't, nonqualified deferred compensation subject to Section 409A?
- Exceptions of certain arrangements from the reach of 409A rules
- What surprising impact do the new rules have on rank-and-file employees?
- Requirements & Solutions for Common Business Arrangements
- Incentive and equity arrangements: What you need to know
- Key issues with employment and severance agreements
- Solving tricky reimbursement issues: What counts as deferred compensation?
- Overcoming obstacles with non-qualified retirement & savings plans
- Keys To Complying With The New Section 409A Rules In 2009
- Keys to identifying the plans, issues and best solution for your company
- When & how to secure the approval of the affected employees
- Ways you can take advantage of the transition rules & opportunities available
- Question and Answer - Have your specific 409A Deferred Compensation questions answered!
David R. Godofsky, F.S.A. is Partner at Alston & Bird, LLP and is the leader of the Employee Benefits and Executive Compensation practice group which specializes in Executive Compensation, Qualified Plans, Health & Welfare, ERISA Litigation, Government Agency Relations, Congressional Relations, Actuarial Issues and 401(k) Recordkeeping. Mr. Godofsky's practice centers on offering practical solutions to complex problems in designing and administering employee benefit plans. Some of his accomplishments include:
- Before joining Alston & Bird, David spent 18 years designing, implementing and administering employee benefit plans, determining costs, and helping employers control costs and get the most for their employee benefits budgets.
- Mr. Godofsky is an enrolled actuary, a Director of the Conference of Consulting Actuaries, and a member of a task force of the American Academy of Actuaries that is advising the Department of the Treasury, the Department of Labor, and the PBGC on the drafting of regulations under the Pension Protection Act.
- Mr. Godofsky has been quoted multiple times in Money magazine, in newspapers all across the country, and interviewed on CNBC. He has spoken on numerous occasions to conferences of human resources and employee benefits professionals on a variety of subjects including retirement plan design, professional ethics and fiduciary responsibility.
This program is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be addressed to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors, 150 Fourth Avenue North, Suite 700, Nashville, TN, 37219-2417. Web site: www.nasba.org
Program Level: Intermediate
Advance preparation: No prerequisites
The speaker's PowerPoint presentation slides are included with your audio recording purchase. All materials are accessible through the Internet and can be downloaded as a PDF file.
$199.00 for audio conference recording (CD or DVD) and program materials.
This is an outstanding program and therefore we offer purchasers a Money Back Guarantee. We are so confident that you will find the conference valuable that we offer a 100% money back guarantee from now until 30 days after the audio recording is shipped, making this a risk-free investment. Audio recordings will be received approximately three weeks after the live conference.