- Audio Conference DVD's and CD's:
COBRA Eligibility is On the Rise: 3 Costly Mistakes Most Employers Make Audio Conference Recording Price: 199.00
COBRA is still one of Benefit Administrators' biggest headaches! Non-compliance can bring the feds knocking at your door - and earn you costly penalties. Even if you use a third party administrator, you are still liable if a violation occurs. Join us for a live, 60-minute audio conference where you and your colleagues will discover:
- Common COBRA administration mistakes and how to avoid them
- How to liability-proof your COBRA procedures
- What is the interplay between COBRA, USERRA, the FMLA, and the ADA
- Recent changes in COBRA rules - What you need to know
In this practical, 60-minute audio conference, you and your colleagues will gain an understanding of the rules and notices currently required to administer your group health plan in compliance with COBRA.
- COBRA Eligibility
- What is a "qualifying event"?
- Who are qualified beneficiaries?
- What are the administrative and notification requirements?
- COBRA Compliance - Prevent Costly Errors
- How to develop a timeline for COBRA compliance
- What are the record keeping requirements to be COBRA compliant?
- How to handle issues arising from open enrollment rights
- How to correct a COBRA violation
- COBRA - Enforcement, Penalties and Remedies
- Tips for handling employees who don't pay their COBRA premiums
- When can you terminate COBRA coverage?
- When do the state COBRA laws apply?
- Live question and answer session - Have your specific COBRA questions answered
Linda E. Rosenzweig, is Of Counsel with Keightley & Ashner LLP in Washington, DC. Linda practices exclusively in the area of employee benefits law.
- Ms. Rosenzweig's more than 25 years of employee benefits experience, designing plans and representing clients in litigation and before Federal agencies responsible for the enforcement of ERISA, permits her to practice in the entire range of employee benefits, including tax and labor issues, fiduciary issues, and compliance issues for retirement, health and other welfare benefit plans, including COBRA and HIPAA.
- Ms. Rosenzweig is the president of the Greater Washington Metropolitan Area Chapter of the Worldwide Employee Benefits Network, a Charter Fellow of the American College of Employee Benefits Counsel, and a member of its Northeast Region Nominating Committee
- She is the 2001 recipient of the American Bar Association's Edmund S. Muskie Pro Bono Award, which she received for her work as the founder and Director of a Pilot Pension Dispute Resolution Project.
- Ms. Rosenzweig previously served for two terms as the Chair of the Employee Benefits Committee of the ABA's Tort and Insurance Practice Section
She is named as a Recommended Lawyer in Global Counsel 3000 and the PLC Which Lawyer Yearbook 2008.
- Ms. Rosenzweig has published numerous articles and was the author of the COBRA Handbook (Second Edition) and the Pension Answer Book (Fifth Edition). She has spoken nationally on all aspects of employee benefits, including COBRA compliance, fiduciary obligations, compensation of service provider issues, preemption of state laws, age and sex discrimination, and participant communications.
This program has been approved for 1 recertification credit hour toward PHR and SPHR recertification through the Human Resource Certification Institute (HRCI). For more information about certification or recertification, please visit the HRCI homepage at www.hrci.org.
The speaker's PowerPoint presentation slides are included with your audio recording purchase. All materials are accessible through the Internet and can be downloaded as a PDF file.
$199.00 for audio conference recording (CD or DVD) and program materials.
This is an outstanding program and therefore we offer purchasers a Money Back Guarantee. We are so confident that you will find the conference valuable that we offer a 100% money back guarantee from now until 30 days after the audio recording is shipped, making this a risk-free investment. Audio recordings will be received approximately three weeks after the live conference.