- Audio Conference DVD's and CD's:
Student Search and Seizure Guidelines: What You Can and Can't Do Today Audio Conference Recording Price: 199.00
4th amendment rights in schools and student search and seizure continues to be a difficult situation for educators. Issues regarding police involvement, strip searches, pat downs, back packs, and technology bases searches spawn the most confusion. Join us for a 60-minute audio conference where you and your staff will discover:
- 4 Keys to Determine if Search and Seizure is Appropriate
- Abide by Constitutional Constraints and Avoid Costly Litigation
- How to Navigate Potential "Grey Areas" Not Covered in Case Law
- The Most Common Mistakes Schools are Making - and How to Avoid Them
- Reasonable Cause, Equal Protection, and Other Key Definitions & Concepts
This practical 60-minute audio conference will provide you and your entire staff with case examples and guidance on how to handle lawful search and seizures that comply with 4th amendment rights.
- Search and Seizure in Schools : What's Legal and What's Not
- If and when students can consent to waive their rights
- Where students have a reasonable expectation of privacy
- How the legal interaction between schools & law enforcement operates
- Clarifying 4th Amendment Rights in Schools
- Managing & investigating student behavior under the 4th amendment
- Reasonableness standard: Determining lawful & unlawful seizure
- Administrative searches: Do's and don'ts to ensure compliance
- Legal Update: New Cases that Are Impacting Schools
- Pat down searches of students
- Metal detector and other technology based searches
- Backpack, canine, strip searches & more all addressed
- LIVE Question and Answer Session
- Have your real-world Search and Seizure questions answered!
Jacqueline A. Stefkovich is the Associate Dean of Graduate Studies and Research & Faculty Development at The Pennsylvania State University. She holds a doctoral degree in Administration, Planning, and Social Policy from Harvard University's Graduate School of Education and a J.D. from the University of Pennsylvania Law School. Dr. Stefkovich began her career as a teacher and public school guidance counselor. She is licensed to practice law in New Jersey, Pennsylvania, and the District of Columbia.
- Dr. Stefkovich's primary research interests focus on students' rights and school official's responsibilities under the Fourth Amendment. She has published extensively in peer reviewed journals as well as in law reviews. She has written two books with Lawrence Rossow: The Law and Education: Cases and Materials and an Education Law Association (ELA) monograph Search and Seizure in the Public Schools. With Joan Shapiro, she published Ethical Leadership and Decision Making in Education: Applying Theoretical Perspectives to Complex Dilemmas. In July 2006, she published a book on law and ethics entitled: The Best Interests of the Student: Applying Ethical Constructs to Legal Cases in Education.
The speaker's PowerPoint presentation slides are included with your audio recording purchase. All materials are accessible through the Internet and can be downloaded as a PDF file.
$199.00 for audio conference recording (CD or DVD) and program materials.
This is an outstanding program and therefore we offer purchasers a Money Back Guarantee. We are so confident that you will find the conference valuable that we offer a 100% money back guarantee from now until 30 days after the audio recording is shipped, making this a risk-free investment. Audio recordings will be received approximately three weeks after the live conference.