- Audio Conference DVD's and CD's:
Beat Bankruptcy Preferences: Stop Them From Taking Your Money Audio Conference Recording Price: 199.00
Because of the unsettled nature of our troubled economy, your company may be doing business with a customer about to go into bankruptcy. Do you know how to protect your company against bankruptcy preferences, whether you're opening a new account, facing non-payment, or dealing with fatal insolvency? Join us for this 60-minute audio conference where you and your colleagues will discover:
- What are the key elements of a bankruptcy preference?
- How to effectively respond when you receive a preferential payment letter
- Keep your cash: The most effective preference defenses your company can use
- Proven techniques a creditor can use when dealing with a company in distress
In this can't-miss 60-minute program you and your colleagues will discover how to successfully defend your company from bankruptcy preferences.
- How To Recognize & Respond To Bankruptcy Preferences
- What are the critical elements of a bankruptcy preference?
- When is a payment considered preferential?
- What action does your company need to take when bankruptcy arises
- Remedies for non-payment: Reclamation, litigation, & consignment options
- Keys To Choosing The Right Defense Against Preference Claims
- Ordinary Course of Business: What your company needs to prove
- Contemporaneous Exchange: How to define new value
- Enabling loan exception: When must a security interest be perfected?
- Solvency, Statue of Limitation, and Industry Standards defenses
- Bankruptcy Preference Techniques Your Company Needs To Know
- Techniques for seeking, and getting, waiver of preference claim
- Protective measures you can implement right now to reduce your credit risk
- How to spot key early warning signs of financial problems with customers
- Question and Answer Session - Have your specific Bankruptcy Preference questions answered!
Scott E. Blakeley, Esq. is a partner with the law firm of Blakeley & Blakeley LLP, where he advises companies regarding creditors' rights, commercial law and collections, credit documentation, e-commerce and bankruptcy law. Mr. Blakeley was selected as one of the 50 most influential people in commercial credit by Credit Today. Some of his accomplishments include:
- Mr. Blakeley is the author of "A History of Bankruptcy Preference Law", published by American Bankruptcy Institute. Scott has published dozens of articles and manuals in the area of creditors' rights, commercial law and bankruptcy in such publications as Business Credit, Managing Credit, Receivables & Collections, Norton's Bankruptcy Review and the Practicing Law Institute.
- Author of "The Credit Professional's Guide to Bankruptcy, Serving On A Creditors' Committee and Commencing An Involuntary Bankruptcy Petition" published by the Credit Research Foundation.
- Scott is a member on the board of editors for the California Bankruptcy Journal and is an editorial advisor for Credit Today. He is also co-chair of the sub-committee of unsecured creditors' committee of the American Bankruptcy Institute, and is a Trustee for the JD/MBA Association.
This program is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be addressed to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors, 150 Fourth Avenue North, Suite 700, Nashville, TN, 37219-2417. Web site: www.nasba.org
Program Level: Intermediate
Advance preparation: No prerequisites
The speaker's PowerPoint presentation slides are included with your audio recording purchase. All materials are accessible through the Internet and can be downloaded as a PDF file.
$199.00 for audio conference recording (CD or DVD) and program materials.
This is an outstanding program and therefore we offer purchasers a Money Back Guarantee. We are so confident that you will find the conference valuable that we offer a 100% money back guarantee from now until 30 days after the audio recording is shipped, making this a risk-free investment. Audio recordings will be received approximately three weeks after the live conference.