- Audio Conference DVD's and CD's:
Exempt vs. Nonexempt: Answers to Your Tricky Overtime Questions Audio Conference Recording Price: 199.00
Determining which employees are exempt and which are not can be tricky. FLSA issues are on DOL's radar causing costly settlements to employers in violation. Employers need straightforward answers to overtime rules and wage and hour issues. Join us for a 60-minute audio conference to discover:
- Straightforward answers to determine overtime status of your employees
- What to look for when auditing job descriptions of every employee
- How to correct classification errors - without risking liability
- The most common overtime pitfalls and how to avoid them
In this practical, 60-minute audio conference, you and your colleagues will gain important information to help you identify the most common overtime traps and how to avoid them.
- Exempt vs. Non-exempt: Eliminate the Confusion
- "Salaried" does not mean "exempt" - What you need to know
- Foolproof tests to determine overtime status
- How to identify problem areas and solve complicated FLSA questions
- Hours Worked Issues: Guidelines to Correct Classification
- How to calculate comp time, overtime, travel and on-call time
- When you can dock pay without violating exempt status
- What's on the clock and what's not - staying on the right side of the law
- FLSA Rules: Best Practices to Ensure Compliance
- How to minimize potential liability with the correct employee re-classification
- Keys to structuring job descriptions to protect your exemptions
- What to do about misclassified positions
- Live question and answer session - Have your specific FLSA & wage and hour questions answered
Lisa (Lee) Schreter is a shareholder with Littler Mendelson.
- Ms Schreter concentrates in representing employers in complex class and collective actions involving overtime and other wage-related claims. Her practice also specializes in assisting employers in developing forward thinking compliance measures designed to reduce wage and hour disputes.
- Ms. Schreter also represents and counsels management clients in connection with all other types of labor and employment matters arising under federal and state law.
- She regularly appears before federal and state agencies and courts in various wage related and equal employment disputes. She has argued appeals in the United States Circuit Courts including the Second, Third, Fifth, Sixth and Eleventh Circuits.
- Prior to becoming an attorney, Ms. Schreter was a human resource executive with extensive experience in wage-hour issues, employee relations, salary and benefit administration, and general employment matters.
- Ms. Schreter is an editor and contributing author to the "Fair Labor Standards Act" published by the American Bar Association. She has also authored several employment law articles, including: "New Friends in the Lion's Den. Call the US Labor Department Before It Calls You;" "Adopting the Avoidable Consequences Affirmative Defense: Applying the Lessons of Ellerth/Faragher to FLSA Claims;" "Communicating With and Obtaining Declarations From Putative Class Members;" "Gender Identity and Expression: The New Frontier for Workplace Protection."
This program has been approved for 1 recertification credit hour toward PHR and SPHR recertification through the Human Resource Certification Institute (HRCI). For more information about certification or recertification, please visit the HRCI homepage at www.hrci.org.
The speaker's PowerPoint presentation slides are included with your audio recording purchase. All materials are accessible through the Internet and can be downloaded as a PDF file.
$199.00 for audio conference recording (CD or DVD) and program materials.
This is an outstanding program and therefore we offer purchasers a Money Back Guarantee. We are so confident that you will find the conference valuable that we offer a 100% money back guarantee from now until 30 days after the audio recording is shipped, making this a risk-free investment. Audio recordings will be received approximately three weeks after the live conference.