- Audio Conference DVD's and CD's:
Cyberbullying & Technology Misconduct: What Educators Can & Can't Do Now Audio Conference Recording Price: 199.00
The New York Times called it "the new domestic violence." What is it and could your students be involved? It's cyberbullying and it is a growing crisis in all schools. In order to deal with cyberbullying and technology misconduct it is critical to understand what students are doing, where they're doing it, how they're doing it, and the legal ramifications of their conduct. Join us for a 60-minute audio conference where you and your staff will discover:
- Cyberbullying- What it is, Why it occurs, & the Current Trends
- Legally Disciplining Technology Misconduct: What's Working and What's Not
- Protecting Your Students and Your School from Online Slander
- How to Communicate With Parents About Dangerous Online Activities
This practical 60-minute audio conference will provide you with the information and practical suggestions for handling cyberbullying and related types of human-computer abuse.
- How Students are Using and Misusing Technology in the School Setting
- Facebook & MySpace-postings impersonating administrators and teachers
- What authority do you have for disciplining cell phone issues?
- Inappropriate and offensive student-created Internet Web sites
- Legal Update on Cyberbullying and Technology Abuse and Discipline
- First Amendment free speech considerations: What you should know
- Fourth Amendment issues & due process requirements
- State Laws against cyberbullying
- Cyberbullying: What to do if Technology Misconduct Occurs in Your School
- Proven guidelines for handling incidents
- Suggestions for protecting yourself from potential liability
- What other forms of abuse and harassment are rampant today?
- LIVE Question and Answer Session Have your real-world Cyberbullying questions addressed!
Kathleen Conn, Ph.D. is a scientist, attorney, and educator, with teaching and administrative experience in K-16 public and private schools.
- As a public school educator, she taught science, served as a K-12 Curriculum Supervisor for Science and Technology Education and served as an elementary principal.
- Kathleen's publications span the fields of science, education, and law. She is the author of numerous peer-reviewed journal articles and two books published by the Association for Supervision and Curriculum Development (ASCD), The Internet and the Law: What Educators Need to Know, and Bullying and Harassment: A Legal Guide for Educators (available with Study Guides at www.ascd.org).
- She recently moved back to higher education and now teaches both undergraduate and graduate courses in the Education Department at Neumann College, Aston, PA. Kathleen also teaches as an Adjunct Professor at Widener University School of Law, where she received her J.D. and LL.M. degrees.
- She is a member of the Pennsylvania Bar and has been admitted to practice before the U.S. Supreme Court.
- She presents teacher workshops and in-services and consults in the fields of science safety, teacher liability, and bullying and sexual harassment in schools.
The speaker's PowerPoint presentation slides are included with your audio recording purchase. All materials are accessible through the Internet and can be downloaded as a PDF file.
$199.00 for audio conference recording (CD or DVD) and program materials.
This is an outstanding program and therefore we offer purchasers a Money Back Guarantee. We are so confident that you will find the conference valuable that we offer a 100% money back guarantee from now until 30 days after the audio recording is shipped, making this a risk-free investment. Audio recordings will be received approximately three weeks after the live conference.