- Audio Conference DVD's and CD's:
Child Support Garnishments: Mandatory Requirements For Payroll Pros Audio Conference Recording Price: 199.00
Child support garnishments are confusing, time sensitive and frustrating. Failure to comply with federal and state guidelines can lead to costly payments. Simplify your life. Join this 60-minute audio conference for a complete walk-through of this year's garnishment updates, where you and your staff will learn:
- Which laws to follow when calculating garnishments: Federal or State?
- Effective strategies for prioritizing the order of distribution
- Federal requirements a payroll department must know for child support
- What conditions impact withholdings at the time the order is received?
Employer requirements for administering child support garnishments go far beyond deducting and remitting support. Join renowned garnishment expert Amy Bryant for this comprehensive seminar that covers the basics of support withholding, and also explores more complex and troublesome situations that can arise during the garnishment process.
- Need-to-Know Child Support Garnishment Issues
- Know when to apply federal or state laws to calculate support
- Learn rules that apply when withholding several support orders at one time
- Specific requirements for child support: Deduction limits, deadlines and penalties
- Keeping Up with The Changes: Rules and Regulations Affecting Garnishments
- Meeting requirements for duplicate orders for the same family
- Reporting Lump Sum Payments: State legislation you should know
- Handling the withholding limits for medical support orders
- Beyond The Basics: Frequently Overlooked Withholding Requirements
- Eliminate the confusion of support orders for contractors
- Special child support payments at time of separation or termination
- Step-by-step calculations for dealing with disposable earnings
- Question and Answer - Hear expert answers to real-world questions!
Amorette (Amy) Nelson Bryant, CPP, has been a payroll manager and consultant for more than 20 years. She is author of The Complete Guide to Federal and State Garnishment and co-author of the Federal Office of Child Support Enforcement's The Employer's Desk Guide to Child Support. Her background includes:
- Former chair of the APA Government Affairs Task Force Child Support Subcommittee and the Large Employer Task Force Legislative Sub-committee that helped implement child support policy on both the federal and state levels. She also served on two committees with the Texas Attorney General's Office, Division of Child Support Enforcement.
- Worked with the federal Office of Child Support Enforcement to design the Order/Notice to Withhold and was a member of the planning committee and participant of the first Child Support Employer Symposium.
- Long-time member of the American Payroll Association (APA), and serves on a number of subcommittees. She was a co-founder of the Portland, Oregon Chapter and the Texas Payroll Conference. She has held numerous offices, including President of the Portland and Houston Chapters of the APA, and regularly conducts garnishment workshops for the APA, local APA chapters and regional conferences.
This program is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be addressed to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors, 150 Fourth Avenue North, Suite 700, Nashville, TN, 37219-2417. Web site: www.nasba.org
Program Level: Intermediate
Advance preparation: No prerequisites
The speaker's PowerPoint presentation slides are included with your audio recording purchase. All materials are accessible through the Internet and can be downloaded as a PDF file.
$199.00 for audio conference recording (CD or DVD) and program materials.
This is an outstanding program and therefore we offer purchasers a Money Back Guarantee. We are so confident that you will find the conference valuable that we offer a 100% money back guarantee from now until 30 days after the audio recording is shipped, making this a risk-free investment. Audio recordings will be received approximately three weeks after the live conference.