- Audio Conference DVD's and CD's:
The Employee Handbook in 2009: What’s Required? What You Should Eliminate Audio Conference Recording Price: 199.00
Your employee handbook is an important internal communications device that can simplify systems, streamline operations - and protect you from costly litigation and liability. But unless it's updated regularly, your organization could be at risk. And with the new regulations going into effect, you don't want to take any chances. Is there a lawsuit hiding in your employee handbook? Join us for a 60-minute audio conference during which our expert speaker will discuss:
- Essential components for transforming your handbook
- 3 statements that shouldn't be anywhere near your employee handbook
- Specific examples of policies you can incorporate today to stay out of court
- Legal dangers lurking in handbooks - real-life examples & scenarios
- Bonus Material: Handbook Checklist You Can Use Today
This practical 60-minute audio conference will provide you with information that will help you effectively manage your team through the changes so common in tough economic times.
- What should and shouldn't be included in your employee handbook in 2009?
- Learn to avoid language and buzzwords that provoke lawsuits
- Documentation, Burden of Proof, Affirmative Defense, Privacy
- Crucial disclaimers, you need to include today
- How to ensure policies are in compliance with federal & state laws
- The most common handbook mistakes - and how to avoid them
- HR Audit: Are you sure you're covered?
- Three statements that shouldn't be anywhere near your employee handbook
- Which topics should and shouldn't be included in the handbook
- How and when to communicate policy changes to your workforce
- Protecting your company - TODAY
- Triangulation, Behavior, Relationships, Off-the-Job Misconduct
- Sample Policies for addressing Attitude, Gossip, Attendance and Misconduct
- Slugs, Performance Improvement Plan, PTO
- At-Will, Wage & Hour, Privacy, Severance Policy
- Bonus - Handbook Checklist
- Question and Answer Sessions - Hear real-world issues addressed!
Expert, Hunter Lott is an award-winning trainer with the American Management Association, Vistage and the Society of Human Resource Management. Highlights of his background include:
- He serves as HR support for small, growing businesses through his membership organization Hunter 24/7. Hunter has reviewed over 1,100 employee handbooks in the last eight years.
- His clients include Anheuser-Busch, FedEx Kinko's, Carpet One, Vistage, The National Institutes of Health and Morton Buildings.
- He attended Tulane University in New Orleans, graduated from Iowa State University and currently resides in Rochester, MN.
This program has been approved for 1 recertification credit hour toward PHR and SPHR recertification through the Human Resource Certification Institute (HRCI). For more information about certification or recertification, please visit the HRCI homepage at www.hrci.org.
The speaker's PowerPoint presentation slides are included with your audio recording purchase. All materials are accessible through the Internet and can be downloaded as a PDF file.
$199.00 for audio conference recording (CD or DVD) and program materials.
This is an outstanding program and therefore we offer purchasers a Money Back Guarantee. We are so confident that you will find the conference valuable that we offer a 100% money back guarantee from now until 30 days after the audio recording is shipped, making this a risk-free investment. Audio recordings will be received approximately three weeks after the live conference.