- Audio Conference DVD's and CD's:
403(b) Plans: New Rules, New Responsibilities - What You Need to Know Audio Conference Recording Price: 199.00
Don't be fooled by the IRS' last minute reprieve from the requirement that 403(b) plan sponsors have a "written plan" in place by January 1, 2009. There are still several remaining requirements under the IRS' 403(b) regulations, new regulations under Code Section 415, new requirements under recent tax legislation, and additional reporting and disclosure requirements that plan sponsors must comply with in 2009. Join us for a 60-minute audio conference where you will discover:
- Practices, procedures, and policies to keep your 403(b) plan in compliance
- Your legal responsibilities as sponsor of a 403(b) plan
- 2009 reporting requirements for your organization's 403(b) plans
- Audits - Which plans will be subject to audits and what are the requirements?
In this practical, 60-minute audio conference, you and your colleagues will be provided with important information on how to operate your 403(b) plan in 2009, the types of agreements and plan documentation required, and the reporting requirements that will apply in 2009 and beyond.
- New 403(b) Requirements: What You Need to Know to be Compliant
- What is the universal availability requirement for elective contributions?
- Non-discrimination requirements for employer contributions
- New rules for transfers and contract exchanges
- Written Plan Requirement - Important Procedures to Implement NOW
- What does the extended compliance deadline mean?
- Minimum content requirements for written plans
- Options for obtaining a "compliant" plan document
- Vendor/Investment Provider Issues - Clearing Up the Confusion
- What is an "approved" vendor?
- Agreements with vendors - What should you have?
- Consequences of transfers/exchanges with non-approved vendors?
- Live question and answer session - Have your specific 403(b) plan questions answered
Robert A. Browning, J.D., is a Partner in the Employee Benefits Group with Spencer Fane Britt & Browne, LLP.
- Mr. Browning's area of expertise includes the tax and pension laws governing retirement, health and welfare, executive compensation and other employee benefit plans, Section 403(b) tax-deferred annuities, Section 457 deferred compensation arrangements, qualified plans for governments, churches and tax-exempt organizations, and nonqualified deferred compensation arrangements subject to Section 409A.
- Mr. Browning is a contributing author of the 403(b) Answer Book, by Panel Publishers, and has written numerous articles on a variety of topics, including, "Deferred Compensation for Dummies: The Section 409A Compliance Clock is Ticking," "Labor Department and Congress Focus on Disclosure of 401(k) Fees," "Plan Amendments to Comply with Final Regulations Under Code Section 415: The Sooner The Better," "New Rules Proposed for Fee Disclosures to Participants in Individual Account Plans," and "Definition of Dependent Continues to Evolve."
- Robert is a frequent lecturer on a wide variety of employee benefit topics, including Section 403(b) plans and COBRA.
- Mr. Browning received his juris doctor at the University of Houston Law Center where he was Associate Editor of the Houston Law Review and a member of the Order of the Coif and the Order of the Barons. Before receiving his law degree, Robert was an optometrist and an associate professor at the University of Houston College of Optometry for more than 10 years.
Full participation in this program is applicable for 1 points in Category 1.B - Education of the CFRE International application for initial certification and/or recertification.
The speaker's PowerPoint presentation slides are included with your audio recording purchase. All materials are accessible through the Internet and can be downloaded as a PDF file.
$199.00 for audio conference recording (CD or DVD) and program materials.
This is an outstanding program and therefore we offer purchasers a Money Back Guarantee. We are so confident that you will find the conference valuable that we offer a 100% money back guarantee from now until 30 days after the audio recording is shipped, making this a risk-free investment. Audio recordings will be received approximately three weeks after the live conference.