- Audio Conference DVD's and CD's:
New I-9 Employment Verification Rules: Critical Issues To Know Audio Conference Recording Price: 199.00
Effective February 2, 2009, all companies will be required to use the new I-9 form and know all of the changes. Failure to do so can put your company at risk for numerous federal and state penalties. (Is your company completely prepared for the changes?) Join us for this 60-minute audio conference you and your colleagues will discover:
- Keys to understanding the new I-9 form and the requirements
- Retention of I-9 documentation: what you should keep and for how long?
- Verifying eligibility to work: What is now required in 2009
- Federal contractor E-Verify requirements: Coverage and compliance issues
- The most common I-9 form mistakes - and how to avoid them
In this can't-miss 60-minute program you and your colleagues will discover how to keep your company compliant with the new I-9 Employment Verification form.
- Changes To The New I-9 Form: What You Need To Know?
- What specific changes were made to the I-9 form?
- What List A documents will now be acceptable?
- The new stance on expired documents: Are they acceptable?
- Changes in the I-9 updating rules and procedures
- Employee Verification Pitfalls and How to Avoid Them
- Keys to resolving discrepancies reported in SSA No Match Letters
- When & how to terminate workers for failure to satisfy the verification rules
- Document review standards: Can you spot a fake?
- Risks and benefits of participating in E-Verify
- ICE Enforcement Issues Your Company Needs To Know
- What to expect from the new I-9 audit procedures
- The latest ICE investigative tactics and how to avoid entrapment
- What factors cause a civil enforcement case to turn criminal
- Question and Answer Session - Have your specific I-9 questions answered!
Mary E. Pivec is a partner of Keller and Heckman LLP and a member of the Employment Practice Group. She has more than 25 years' experience advising employers in a broad range of workplace and labor relations issues. Some of her accomplishments include:
- Since the passage of the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, Ms. Pivec has represented employers in a large volume of civil and criminal matters involving alleged I-9, knowing hire, and immigration-related discrimination law violations. Ms. Pivec also represents employers in H-1B/LCA investigations and enforcement proceedings brought by the Wage and Hour Division relating to prevailing wage, recordkeeping issues.
- Ms. Pivec was named among the Washington, D.C. "Super Lawyers" in the Labor and Employment field for 2007 and 2008 and has been featured in Best Lawyers in America since 1990 in the area of Immigration law. She was elected to the Board of Governor of the American Immigration Lawyers Association, where you served nine years, and is a regular speaker throughout the United States on the subject of immigration worksite enforcement.
- Ms. Pivec devotes a substantial portion of her practice to defending employers in discrimination, wrongful discharge, wage and hour, non-compete and contract litigation in federal and state courts and administrative agencies.
This program is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be addressed to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors, 150 Fourth Avenue North, Suite 700, Nashville, TN, 37219-2417. Web site: www.nasba.org
Program Level: Intermediate
Advance preparation: No prerequisites
The speaker's PowerPoint presentation slides are included with your audio recording purchase. All materials are accessible through the Internet and can be downloaded as a PDF file.
$199.00 for audio conference recording (CD or DVD) and program materials.
This is an outstanding program and therefore we offer purchasers a Money Back Guarantee. We are so confident that you will find the conference valuable that we offer a 100% money back guarantee from now until 30 days after the audio recording is shipped, making this a risk-free investment. Audio recordings will be received approximately three weeks after the live conference.