- Audio Conference DVD's and CD's:
FMLA Intermittent Leave Abuse: Strategies to Stop it Today Audio Conference Recording Price: 199.00
The recent 2009 changes to the FMLA regulations have given employers more tools than ever to fight back and win against FMLA abuse. Join us for a 60-minute audio conference to discover:
- What regulation changes benefit employers in the fight against FMLA leave abuse
- Policies that should be included in your Employee Handbook to prevent abuse
- How to legally discipline and avoid FMLA retaliation claims
- Information you must supply (and when) in order to avoid penalties and litigation
In this 60-minute audio conference, you and your colleagues will gain important information on practical measures you can take to stop FMLA abuse today.
- FMLA Do's and Don'ts: What You Need to Know
- How to require employees to comply with FMLA notice requirements
- What information you now can require from employees - before, during and after an FMLA leave
- What you need to know when handling "suspicious" leave requests
- Critical Issues under the FMLA
- Strategies to successfully manage intermittent leave
- Proper use of the new certification documentation for intermittent leave requests
- How to use the certification/documentation process to prevent abuse
- FMLA Policies: What's Important to Prevent Abuse
- Attendance policies and the FMLA : What you can and cannot do
- Specific tips on revising non-leave policies in order to prevent intermittent leave abuse
- How to use paid leave policies to prevent FMLA leave abuse
- Live question and answer session - Have your specific FMLA questions answered!
Stacie Caraway is Of Counsel with Miller & Martin PLLC.
- Ms. Caraway concentrates her practice in the areas of labor and employment. Ms. Caraway is currently part of a regional civil litigation team which advises national franchises and other companies concerning general employment and labor law issues.
- She also develops, reviews, and updates human resource policies, supporting contracts and materials; and represents these companies in all local, state and federal legal proceedings including labor arbitrations, EEOC and state human rights commission investigations, settlement mediations and lawsuits throughout the United States.
- She is a frequent speaker on labor and employment issues, particularly the FMLA.
- Ms. Caraway received her B.A., summa cum laude, at the University of Tennessee and her J.D., with Honors, at the University of Cincinnati College of Law.
This program has been approved for 1 recertification credit hour toward PHR and SPHR recertification through the Human Resource Certification Institute (HRCI). For more information about certification or recertification, please visit the HRCI homepage at www.hrci.org.
The speaker's PowerPoint presentation slides are included with your audio recording purchase. All materials are accessible through the Internet and can be downloaded as a PDF file.
$199.00 for audio conference recording (CD or DVD) and program materials.
This is an outstanding program and therefore we offer purchasers a Money Back Guarantee. We are so confident that you will find the conference valuable that we offer a 100% money back guarantee from now until 30 days after the audio recording is shipped, making this a risk-free investment. Audio recordings will be received approximately three weeks after the live conference.