- Audio Conference DVD's and CD's:
New COBRA Rules: IRS & DOL Guidance You Need to Know Audio Conference Recording Price: 199.00
COBRA just got more complicated, imposing significant new administrative rules on employers. Effective immediately, employers are required to comply with many new rules affecting COBRA continuation health coverage as a result of changes made in the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 (ARRA) . Be certain you implement all the necessary changes to meet the new federal legislation. Join us for a live, 60-minute audio conference where you and your colleagues will discover:
- Changes in COBRA rules - What you need to know
- What policies and procedures must be changed and updated
- Who is eligible; who is not
- Further DOL & IRS guidance on the new COBRA rules
In this practical, 60-minute audio conference, you and your colleagues will gain an understanding of the new rules effective now, how these dramatic changes will impact you and the policies and procedures that must be implemented to be in compliance with COBRA.
- New COBRA Regulations - Facts You Need to Know
- Who qualifies as an "assistance eligible individual?"
- How long does the subsidy last?
- What are the notification requirements for these new beneficiaries?
- COBRA Compliance under the New Regulations
- What revisions must be made to COBRA notices?
- How to handle former employees who did not elect COBRA benefits?
- What is the special election period extended to certain individuals?
- How is the COBRA premium subsidy calculated?
- Avoid COBRA Penalties & Fines
- What employers must do to receive the allowed payroll tax reduction
- Administrative changes that must be made to stay compliant
- What are the penalties to plan administrators for failure to comply?
- Live question and answer session - Have your specific COBRA questions answered
Linda E. Rosenzweig, is Of Counsel with Keightley & Ashner LLP in Washington, DC. Linda practices exclusively in the area of employee benefits law.
- Ms. Rosenzweig's more than 25 years of employee benefits experience, designing plans and representing clients in litigation and before Federal agencies responsible for the enforcement of ERISA, permits her to practice in the entire range of employee benefits, including tax and labor issues, fiduciary issues, and compliance issues for retirement, health and other welfare benefit plans, including COBRA and HIPAA.
- Ms. Rosenzweig is the president of the Greater Washington Metropolitan Area Chapter of the Worldwide Employee Benefits Network, a Charter Fellow of the American College of Employee Benefits Counsel, and a member of its Northeast Region Nominating Committee
- She is the 2001 recipient of the American Bar Association's Edmund S. Muskie Pro Bono Award, which she received for her work as the founder and Director of a Pilot Pension Dispute Resolution Project.
- Ms. Rosenzweig previously served for two terms as the Chair of the Employee Benefits Committee of the ABA's Tort and Insurance Practice Section
- She is named as a Recommended Lawyer in Global Counsel 3000 and the PLC Which Lawyer Yearbook 2008.
- Ms. Rosenzweig has published numerous articles and was the author of the COBRA Handbook (Second Edition) and the Pension Answer Book (Fifth Edition). She has spoken nationally on all aspects of employee benefits, including COBRA compliance, fiduciary obligations, compensation of service provider issues, preemption of state laws, age and sex discrimination, and participant communications.
This program has been approved for 1 recertification credit hour toward PHR and SPHR recertification through the Human Resource Certification Institute (HRCI). For more information about certification or recertification, please visit the HRCI homepage at www.hrci.org.
The speaker's PowerPoint presentation slides are included with your audio recording purchase. All materials are accessible through the Internet and can be downloaded as a PDF file.
$199.00 for audio conference recording (CD or DVD) and program materials.
This is an outstanding program and therefore we offer purchasers a Money Back Guarantee. We are so confident that you will find the conference valuable that we offer a 100% money back guarantee from now until 30 days after the audio recording is shipped, making this a risk-free investment. Audio recordings will be received approximately three weeks after the live conference.