- Audio Conference DVD's and CD's:
Companies Big & Small Wanted for OFAC Violations-Are You Next? Audio Conference Recording Price: 199.00
U.S. Treasury Department's Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) is
aggressively pursuing companies of all sizes in violation of OFAC. These
regulations strictly prohibit U.S. companies from doing business with thousands
of foreign suppliers & clients. How can your company ensure compliance with
OFAC regs and minimize risk of hefty fines or prosecution? Please join us in
this 60-minute audio conference to hear subject-matter expert Cari Stinebower
- Latest guidelines of how to be compliant with OFAC's sanctions programs
- OFAC enforcement guidelines for your AP & finance departments
- Ways to ensure you're up to date on latest changes
- How to avoid hefty fines & costly penalties for your company
Companies of all sizes are being scrutinized for possible OFAC violations. In this essential 60-minute program, you will discover how to ensure your company is compliant with the latest OFAC regs to avoid fines.
- Latest OFAC Regs - Ensure your Company Stays Compliant in '09
- Newest OFAC enforcement procedures - Ensure your company is in compliance
- Vital steps to take to protect your company from OFAC violations
- 11 factors OFAC looks at to determine liability - Avoid risk
- Staying Compliant with OFAC's List - What You Must Know
- Procedures to follow if your company does business with a match on the OFAC list
- How to get the latest info of who's on the list
- Keys to protecting each of your departments - what HR, payroll, AP, sales & marketing must do
- Minimize the Threat of Costly Violations - How OFAC Impacts You
- Avoid other companies mistakes - Studies from recent cases
- Past liability - How long of a timeframe should your company check the OFAC list?
- Creating a plan - Ways to maintain compliance with OFAC & effective screening programs
- Question & Answer Session - Have your specific OFAC questions answered!
Cari Stinebower is with the Washington, DC law firm of Wiley Rein & Fielding LLP where she advises clients on trade, national security and regulatory matters.
- She joined Wiley Rein after serving as counsel for the U.S. Department of the Treasury's Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) where she counseled OFAC on the implementation of its regulations and represented the Agency in challenges to its determinations to place persons on its Specially Designated Nationals List. Ms. Stinebower also provided guidance to private entities seeking to comply with OFAC's regulations.
- Ms. Stinebower develops policies and procedures for compliance with U.S. economic sanctions regulations, export controls and the Bank Secrecy Act. Where appropriate, works with multinational clients to resolve conflicts of laws issues resulting from OFAC sanctions programs.
- Cari is a frequent presenter and has many publications focusing on OFAC.
This program is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be addressed to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors, 150 Fourth Avenue North, Suite 700, Nashville, TN, 37219-2417. Web site: www.nasba.org
Program Level: Intermediate
Advance preparation: No prerequisites
The speaker's PowerPoint presentation slides are included with your audio recording purchase. All materials are accessible through the Internet and can be downloaded as a PDF file.
$199.00 for audio conference recording (CD or DVD) and program materials.
This is an outstanding program and therefore we offer purchasers a Money Back Guarantee. We are so confident that you will find the conference valuable that we offer a 100% money back guarantee from now until 30 days after the audio recording is shipped, making this a risk-free investment. Audio recordings will be received approximately three weeks after the live conference.