- Audio Conference DVD's and CD's:
Facebook, MySpace & Blogging in the Workplace: What’s Legal; What’s Not Audio Conference Recording Price: 199.00
Social networks such as Facebook, MySpace and blogs have become the biggest workplace distraction and also the latest hiring and discipline danger zones for employers. Should you limit employee access to Facebook? Is it a good idea to surf the Web looking for info about your employees & applicants? Can you legally use what you find to hire or fire? Join us for this 60-minute audio conference where you will discover:
- Keys to an effective online & social networking policy
- Monitoring employee use of social networks: what's legal & what's not
- Risks of using facebook and other sites to scope out new hires
- Discipline do's and don'ts for employee online behavior
This practical, 60-minute audio conference will provide you and your colleagues with insightful and useful tips from a leading employment law attorney on drafting effective policies for the use of social networks and internet forums in the workplace and learn how to protect your company from costly litigation.
- Employee Use of Blogs, Facebook & Twitter: What You Need to Know Now
- They did what on Facebook! - Employee discipline procedures
- When can a person be terminated for misuse of company-owned technology?
- Strategies to protect confidential and business information
- Employers' Use of Facebook & Blogs: What's Legal; What's Not?
- Top mistakes businesses make on social networks and how to avoid them
- How can employers benefit from the use of social networks and internet forums
- Types of online details you must never use or keep (no matter how relevant it may seem)
- Keys to Drafting Essential Facebook & Blogging Policies
- How to implement & enforce an effective online & social networking policy
- What should and shouldn't be included in your employee handbook
- What simple, effective steps your organization can take to limit liability
Marcia N. Jackson, is Counsel with Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld in the Dallas office.
- Ms. Jackson's practice includes all aspects of employment and labor law, client counseling, training and internal investigations.
- She assists clients in avoiding litigation through regular training, policy updates and implementation. She also handles FLSA wage and hour collective actions and class action discrimination lawsuits filed under Title VII.
- Ms. Jackson received her B.A. with departmental honors in 1990 from the University of California at Los Angeles, where she received the UCLA President's Award. She received her J.D. in 1994 from the Vanderbilt University School of Law, where she was the Executive Authorities Editor of the Vanderbilt Journal of Transnational Law.
- She is a member of the Dallas Bar Association, the California State Bar Association, the Texas State Bar, and a lifetime member of the UCLA Alumni Association.
- Ms. Jackson is a regular speaker on current issues important to employers.
This program has been approved for 1 recertification credit hour toward PHR and SPHR recertification through the Human Resource Certification Institute (HRCI). For more information about certification or recertification, please visit the HRCI homepage at www.hrci.org.
The speaker's PowerPoint presentation slides are included with your audio recording purchase. All materials are accessible through the Internet and can be downloaded as a PDF file.
$199.00 for audio conference recording (CD or DVD) and program materials.
This is an outstanding program and therefore we offer purchasers a Money Back Guarantee. We are so confident that you will find the conference valuable that we offer a 100% money back guarantee from now until 30 days after the audio recording is shipped, making this a risk-free investment. Audio recordings will be received approximately three weeks after the live conference.