- Audio Conference DVD's and CD's:
Unclaimed Property: Critical Audit Issues You Need To Know Audio Conference Recording Price: 199.00
Many states are now hiring aggressive, third party auditors on a contingency basis to enforce unclaimed property laws. With increasing enforcement, it is more important than even to ensure you know how to prepare for, and manage, an unclaimed property audit. Join us for this 60-minute audio conference where you and your colleagues will discover:
- Types of unclaimed property & dormancy period requirements
- What your company needs to prepare for, and manage, an audit
- What to do upon notification of an unclaimed property audit
- How to determine the type of audit and auditor & why it matters
- Steps to take to effectively manage an audit
This practical 60-minute, audio conference will provide you and your colleagues with the latest information from an unclaimed property expert on how to prepare your company for, and manage, an unclaimed property audit.
- Unclaimed Property Essentials: Keys To Compliance
- What types of property must be reported?
- How dormancy periods are applied to Unclaimed Property
- What roles do your employees need to play right now
- Demystifying the audit process: Managing critical issues
- Keys To Preparing For An Unclaimed Property Audit
- Techniques you can use to effectively limit the scope of the audit
- How does an auditor prepare? What you need to know
- What type of audit is it, and why it is critical you know?
- Key questions you need to ask in the exit interview
- How To Effectively Manage An Audit
- What types of documents are you required to provide?
- Types of estimation techniques available & when to address them
- Why determining the audit timeline and benchmarks are essential
- How to handle missing documents
- Live question and answer session - Have your specific unclaimed property audit questions answered
Tracey L. Reid, J.D., LL.M. is the president of Reid Unclaimed Property Services, LLC, a national unclaimed property consulting and audit defense firm assisting companies of all sizes with their Unclaimed Property issues. Her background includes:
- Tracey has been helping companies tackle their unclaimed property issues for over a decade by conducting unclaimed property compliance reviews designed to asses exposure, potential savings opportunities and compliance process improvements.
- Ms. Reid is the former manager in National Tax Practice of Deloitte & Touche LLP, specializing in Unclaimed Property.
- Tracey is the author of the book, "Unclaimed Property: A Compliance Process and Audit Survival Guide" published by John Wiley and Sons to be released in fall 2008.
- Ms. Reid is a frequent speaker and writer on unclaimed property issues and is a member of both the Ohio and Florida Bar Association.
This program is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be addressed to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors, 150 Fourth Avenue North, Suite 700, Nashville, TN, 37219-2417. Web site: www.nasba.org
Program Level: Intermediate
Advance preparation: No prerequisites
The speaker's PowerPoint presentation slides are included with your audio recording purchase. All materials are accessible through the Internet and can be downloaded as a PDF file.
$199.00 for audio conference recording (CD or DVD) and program materials.
This is an outstanding program and therefore we offer purchasers a Money Back Guarantee. We are so confident that you will find the conference valuable that we offer a 100% money back guarantee from now until 30 days after the audio recording is shipped, making this a risk-free investment. Audio recordings will be received approximately three weeks after the live conference.