- Audio Conference DVD's and CD's:
Facebook, MySpace, & YouTube: Protect Your Students & Your School Audio Conference Recording Price: 199.00
The misuse of online social networking sites such as Facebook, MySpace, and YouTube can have serious consequences for your school. How are students improperly using these sites and what rights do you have to monitor student behavior? How do you create an effective policy for your school? Join us for a 60-minute audio conference where you and your colleagues will discover:
- Drafting an Online Network Policy for Your School
- Monitoring Online Student Behavior: What You Can & Can't Do
- Protecting Your Students & Your School from Online Slander
- How to Communicate With Parents About Dangerous Online Activities
This practical 60-minute, audio conference will provide you and your colleagues with information and practical suggestions to effectively manage the use and misuse of social networking sites by students at your school.
- Establishing "Online Use" Boundaries for Your School
- Strategies for developing a social networking policy for your school
- Communicating networking site regulations to your staff & students
- What are the litigation limitations & privacy rights associated?
- What You Need to Know to Protect Your Students & Your School
- Proven guidelines for handling online incidents
- First amendment free speech considerations-What you should know
- What are the must-know regulations for sanctioning student content?
- Addressing Inappropriate Student Behavior- Without Crossing the Line
- Internet use from school or from home - What you can and can not do
- Responding to online postings that are hostile but not illegal
- Do's & don'ts for involving parents in online incidents
- Live question and answer session - Have your specific questions answered by our expert speaker.
Kathleen Conn, Ph.D. is a scientist, attorney, and educator, with teaching and administrative experience in K-16 public and private schools.
- As a public school educator, she taught science, served as a K-12 Curriculum Supervisor for Science and Technology Education and served as an elementary principal.
- Kathleen's publications span the fields of science, education, and law. She is the author of numerous peer-reviewed journal articles and two books published by the Association for Supervision and Curriculum Development (ASCD), The Internet and the Law: What Educators Need to Know, and Bullying and Harassment: A Legal Guide for Educators (available with Study Guides at www.ascd.org).
- She recently moved back to higher education and now teaches both undergraduate and graduate courses in the Education Department at Neumann College, Aston, PA. Kathleen also teaches as an Adjunct Professor at Widener University School of Law, where she received her J.D. and LL.M. degrees.
- She is a member of the Pennsylvania Bar and has been admitted to practice before the U.S. Supreme Court.
- She presents teacher workshops and in-services and consults in the fields of science safety, teacher liability, and bullying and sexual harassment in schools.
The speaker's PowerPoint presentation slides are included with your audio recording purchase. All materials are accessible through the Internet and can be downloaded as a PDF file.
$199.00 for audio conference recording (CD or DVD) and program materials.
This is an outstanding program and therefore we offer purchasers a Money Back Guarantee. We are so confident that you will find the conference valuable that we offer a 100% money back guarantee from now until 30 days after the audio recording is shipped, making this a risk-free investment. Audio recordings will be received approximately three weeks after the live conference.