- Audio Conference DVD's and CD's:
Your Personnel Records: What to Save - What to Dump Audio Conference Recording Price: 199.00
Is your desk, HR Department or file room a mountain of job postings, applications, health
information, immigration documents, payroll records, and growing
stacks of government-required documentation? But you know
documentation can make or break your case in an employment lawsuit.
Do you know how long to keep personnel records, how they should
be stored, and who has access to those files? Join this live,
60-minute audio conference where you will discover:
- What types of records can and cannot be destroyed?
- No Non-Sense Tips for a strong document retention program
- What records should be kept on every employee and for how long?
- In the 21st Century, what is the scope of the concept of an employee's "personnel file"?
This practical, 60-minute audio conference will provide you and your
colleagues with insightful and useful tips, from a
leading attorney in the field of document retention, that will help
minimize your company's risks.
- What are your record retention requirements under law?
- Where do you retain your records? Who should have access to them?
- What are an employer's obligations regarding consumer credit reports on employees or on job applicants?
- What obligations are imposed by the ADA, FMLA & HIPAA?
- How should I-9s and other immigration records be handled?
- No non-sense tips for a strong electronic record retention program
- Are computerized files, websites, and emails under the same obligations?
- Checklist of often overlooked electronic data
- Where should you retain your records? Who should have access to them?
- When & how to destroy records safely
- Are there special rules as to how to destroy certain types of records?
- What personnel records should supervisors be allowed to access and maintain?
- What records should be kept when an employee leaves?
- LIVE Question and Answer Session - Have Your Document Retention Questions Answered!
Record retention expert, Robert D. Brownstone, Esq. is the Law & Technology Director at Fenwick & West LLP, a 250-plus-attorney Silicon-Valley-headquartered law firm, specializing in providing a wide array of services to high tech companies.
- Mr. Brownstone advises clients on electronic discovery, electronic information management, information-security and retention/destruction policies and protocols. He also collaborates with clients as to computer solutions enabling compliance with legal obligations. A nationwide speaker and writer on many law and technology issues, Mr. Brownstone is frequently quoted in the press as an expert on electronic information.
- He is a member of four state bars (including California and New York), of the Information Systems Auditing and Control Association (ISACA) and of the executive committees of the State Bar of California's Law Practice Management and Technology (LPMT) Section and the Santa Clara County Bar Association's High Technology Section. Before joining Fenwick & West in 2000, Mr. Brownstone had a varied 13-year career as a litigator, law school administrator, law school teacher and consultant.
This program has been approved for 1 recertification credit hour toward PHR and SPHR recertification through the Human Resource Certification Institute (HRCI). For more information about certification or recertification, please visit the HRCI homepage at www.hrci.org.
The speaker's PowerPoint presentation slides are included with your audio recording purchase. All materials are accessible through the Internet and can be downloaded as a PDF file.
$199.00 for audio conference recording (CD or DVD) and program materials.
This is an outstanding program and therefore we offer purchasers a Money Back Guarantee. We are so confident that you will find the conference valuable that we offer a 100% money back guarantee from now until 30 days after the audio recording is shipped, making this a risk-free investment. Audio recordings will be received approximately three weeks after the live conference.