- Audio Conference DVD's and CD's:
Preparing & Responding To Lawsuits: Solving The Record Retention Nightmare Audio Conference Recording Price: 199.00
Every organization, at one time or another, is faced with threatened litigation, even for a small dispute. But before a lawsuit is even officially filed, your company may be required to issue a litigation hold, potentially cutting across a wide range of company records and data. Failing to issue a hold or issuing a hold that is too narrow could have severe consequences. Join us for this 60-minute audio conference where you and you colleagues will discover:
- Ways your company can prepare for and respond to a notice to preserve
- Litigation hold policies and procedures your company needs to have in place
- How to establish and enforce a retention program that protects your company
- How to assemble a top-notch litigation readiness team in your organization
This practical 60-minute, audio conference will provide you and your colleagues with essential information on how to properly prepare your company for, and respond to, a litigation hold.
- Preparing Your Company For The Litigation Hold Process
- When should an organization issue a hold suspending destruction of information?
- Who is - or should be - on the litigation readiness team?
- How to inform employees of a duty to preserve & monitor their compliance
- I Have Been Issued A Litigation Hold - Now What?
- Essential steps you need to take upon notice of a litigation hold
- How to determine what information to preserve & how to preserve it
- When and how to destroy records safely
- Tricky Retention/Preservation Problems & How To Solve Them
- How should data from voicemail & instant and text messaging be handled?
- Are paper, websites, wikis and web postings to be treated the same?
- Overlooked electronic data you may be missing
- Live question and answer session - Have your specific litigation hold questions answered
Metadata expert, Robert D. Brownstone, Esq. is the Law & Technology Director at Fenwick & West LLP (F&W), a 250-attorney Silicon-Valley-based law firm, specializing in providing comprehensive services to technology and life sciences clients of national and international prominence.
- Mr. Brownstone advises clients on electronic discovery, on electronic information management and on retention/destruction policies and protocols.
- Robert regularly collaborates with clients on computer support solutions enabling compliance with legal obligations.
- A nationwide speaker and writer on many law and technology issues, Mr. Brownstone is frequently quoted in the press as an expert on electronic information.
- Robert is a member of four state bars (including California and New York), of the National Employment Law Institute (NELI) Advisory Board and of the executive committee of the State Bar of California's Law Practice Management and Technology (LPMT) Section.
- Prior to joining Fenwick & West in 2000, Mr. Brownstone had a varied 13-year career as a litigator, law school administrator, law school teacher and consultant.
This program is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be addressed to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors, 150 Fourth Avenue North, Suite 700, Nashville, TN, 37219-2417. Web site: www.nasba.org
Program Level: Intermediate
Advance preparation: No prerequisites
The speaker's PowerPoint presentation slides are included with your audio recording purchase. All materials are accessible through the Internet and can be downloaded as a PDF file.
$199.00 for audio conference recording (CD or DVD) and program materials.
This is an outstanding program and therefore we offer purchasers a Money Back Guarantee. We are so confident that you will find the conference valuable that we offer a 100% money back guarantee from now until 30 days after the audio recording is shipped, making this a risk-free investment. Audio recordings will be received approximately three weeks after the live conference.