- Audio Conference DVD's and CD's:
Doing Business In Canada: Tax Compliance For US Companies Audio Conference Recording Price: 199.00 (U.S. Dollars)
Tax planning and compliance are significant issues in carrying on business in Canada. If you currently do business in Canada or are considering it, you need to comply with and plan for the tax laws and regulations in Canada, and you cannot assume that they are the same as U.S. rules. With so many factors affecting the cost of doing business there, can you really afford to not thoroughly understand the most critical issues when doing business in Canada? Join us for this 60-minute audio conference where you and you colleagues will discover:
- Doing business in Canada: Key issues your company needs to address
- How to solve tricky transfer pricing issues for US companies in Canada
- Strategies for planning for Canadian GST and consumption taxes
- Cross Border tax minimization strategies your company needs to know
This practical 60-minute audio conference will help you understand and solve the critical issues your company may face when doing business in Canada.
- Doing Business in Canada Nuts & Bolts
- How to compute taxable income and surplus in Canada
- Keys to obtaining deductions for interest, royalties & other S, G&A expense
- What are the surplus capital rules in Canada & how do they affect your company?
- Key Tax Issues Affecting Cross-Border Operations
- New APA procedure in determining permanent establishment income
- Key issues when repatriating earnings from Canadian affiliates
- Impact of the Protocol on hybrid entities and existing Canadian corporate structures
- Solving Hot Transfer Pricing Issues for U.S. Companies in Canada
- Key transfer issues with the US-Canada Tax Treaty Protocol
- 247(4) Documentation Letters: What you need to provide to keep auditors at bay
Tax treatment of U.S. investments in Canadian branches or partnerships
- Question and Answer Sessions -Have your real world questions answered!
Tim Wach, B.A., LL.B. is a partner of Gowling Lafleur Henderson LLP, one of the largest national law firms in Canada, and head of Gowlings' National Tax Practice Group.
Dale Hill, CMA, CFP, is a partner of Gowling Lafleur Henderson LLP and the national leader of the Gowlings' Transfer Pricing and Competent Authority team.
- Tim's practice is restricted exclusively to tax matters with an emphasis on international tax, as well as mergers, acquisitions and financings for both public and private corporations. He has also worked extensively in the area of infrastructure and private equity investments and funds and is a member of Gowlings' Energy and Infrastructure and Private Equity and Venture Capital practice groups.
- Tim was a tax policy officer with the federal Department of Finance, developing tax policy and legislation in the areas of business and property, partnerships, and research and development before joining Smith Lyons in 1989. Smith Lyons merged with Gowlings in 2001.
- Tim is a frequent speaker and author and was a co-author of an article entitled "Tax Issues in Structuring Cross-Border Private Equity Funds" that appears in the current issue of the Canadian Tax Journal.
- From 1997 and before joining Gowlings in 2005, Dale was involved in international transfer pricing with the Canada Revenue Agency ("CRA"). During his tenure as a senior manager with the CRA's International Tax Directorate, he participated in more than 40 Advanced Pricing Agreements ("APAs") with numerous countries, as well as hundreds of Competent Authority requests relating to international transfer pricing adjustments involving a vast array of issues.
- Dale is a frequent speaker and author.
This program is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be addressed to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors, 150 Fourth Avenue North, Suite 700, Nashville, TN, 37219-2417. Web site: www.nasba.org
Program Level: Intermediate
Advance preparation: No prerequisites
The speaker's PowerPoint presentation slides are included with your audio recording purchase. All materials are accessible through the Internet and can be downloaded as a PDF file.
$199.00 for audio conference recording (CD or DVD) and program materials.
This is an outstanding program and therefore we offer purchasers a Money Back Guarantee. We are so confident that you will find the conference valuable that we offer a 100% money back guarantee from now until 30 days after the audio recording is shipped, making this a risk-free investment. Audio recordings will be received approximately three weeks after the live conference.