- Audio Conference DVD's and CD's:
Facebook, Twitter and Energy Utilities: Keys to Connecting with Your Customers Audio Conference Recording Price: 199.00 (U.S. Dollars)
Social networking can be a valuable tool for utility services to keep customers better informed on service outage updates, energy efficiency messaging and billing notifications. With so many customers using these sites, it is critical that energy industry professionals obtain the proper guidance so that they don't get left behind. Please join us for this 60-minute audio conference where you and your colleagues will learn:
- How energy utilities can improve services with social media
- Keys to using Facebook and Twitter to solve customer problems
- Strategies for using social networking sites for improved communications
- Important tips for overcoming the challenges of social media use
This 60-minute audio conference will provide you and your colleagues with the proper guidance to utilize social media for improved energy utility services.
- Energy Utilities, Facebook & Twitter: Solving Customer Problems
- How to use Twitter to update customers during service outages
- Keys to utilizing Facebook to connect with your community
Specific ways that social networks can improve your company image
- Tips for Avoiding the Pittfalls when Using Facebook & Twitter
- How to use specific social media applications that benefit energy utilities
The top 10 things you should NOT be doing on social networking sites
Social media & utility services: Methods for measuring return
- How Energy Utilities Can Improve Communications with Social Media
- What messages are most appropriate and how often to post them
- How to reach your target audience on Facebook & Twitter
- Best practices for creating a community of followers
- Live question and answer session - Have your specific questions answered
Kate Peabody currently works in marketing and communications for CH2M HILL in Denver, CO.
- Kate contributed the social media section to the 2009 American Water Works Association (AWWA) Standard on Communications and Customer Relations, as well as presented at AWWA' ACE 09 on "Utilizing Social Media for Water Utilities."
- Kate also helped research, edit, and design the communications textbook Engaging Crystallization in Qualitative Research: An Introduction by Laura Ellingson.
- She has a bachelor's in communication from Santa Clara University and is currently working on a master's in business with a concentration in environmental policy and management at the University of Denver.
- Kate is a member of the Public Relations Society of America (PRSA).
The speaker's PowerPoint presentation slides are included with your audio recording purchase. All materials are accessible through the Internet and can be downloaded as a PDF file.
$199.00 for audio conference recording (CD or DVD) and program materials.
This is an outstanding program and therefore we offer purchasers a Money Back Guarantee. We are so confident that you will find the conference valuable that we offer a 100% money back guarantee from now until 30 days after the audio recording is shipped, making this a risk-free investment. Audio recordings will be received approximately three weeks after the live conference.