- Audio Conference DVD's and CD's:
Garnishment Guidelines: Must-Have Info to Ensure Compliance Audio Conference Recording Price: 199.00 (U.S. Dollars)
As an employer, you are responsible for processing garnishments to the letter of law, even if you are using a payroll service. Failure to comply with proper levy and garnishment procedures will result in stiff penalties and fines. Don't let this happen! Join us for a 60-minutes audio conference where, for one price, you and any number of your co-workers will discover:
- Managing multiple types of garnishments: Which take priority?
- Voluntary Wage Assignment vs. Garnishments: Know the Difference
- Accurately determine the withholding under a federal tax levy
- Properly handle garnishments issues concerning medical support deductions
Levies and garnishments are one of the most complicated aspects of payroll management. Failing to follow garnishment laws can be very costly for employers. Stay compliant! Join renowned garnishment expert Amy Bryant for this comprehensive seminar that covers the complex and troublesome situations that can arise during the garnishment process.
- Need-to-Know Garnishment Issues
- Guidelines for applying aggregation rules of garnishment
- Examples and calculations for withholding several garnishments at the same time
- Know when to apply federal law or state law to calculate garnishments
- How Much to Withhold - Garnishment Guidelines
- Identify what limits apply to an employee's child support withholding
- Proper processing for student loans and creditor garnishments
- Voluntary Wage Assignment: What you need to know
- Latest rules for garnishments under Chapter 13 Bankruptcy
- Rules and Regulations Affecting Garnishments
- Keep up-to-date on the federal requirements for your payroll
- Minimum garnishment requirements by state
- How the Uniform Interstate Family Support Act support withholding
- Comply with the Debt Collection Improvement and the Higher Education Acts
- Question-and-Answer Session - Hear real-world issues addressed!
Amorette (Amy) Nelson Bryant, CPP, has been a payroll manager and consultant for more than 20 years. She is author of The Complete Guide to Federal and State Garnishment and co-author of the Federal Office of Child Support Enforcement's The Employer's Desk Guide to Child Support. Her background includes:
- Former chair of the APA Government Affairs Task Force Child Support Subcommittee and the Large Employer Task Force Legislative Sub-committee that helped implement child support policy on both the federal and state levels. She also served on two committees with the Texas Attorney General's Office, Division of Child Support Enforcement.
- Worked with the federal Office of Child Support Enforcement to design the Order/Notice to Withhold and was a member of the planning committee and participant of the first Child Support Employer Symposium.
- Long-time member of the American Payroll Association (APA), and serves on a number of subcommittees. She was a co-founder of the Portland, Oregon Chapter and the Texas Payroll Conference. She has held numerous offices, including President of the Portland and Houston Chapters of the APA, and regularly conducts garnishment workshops for the APA, local APA chapters and regional conferences.
This program is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be addressed to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors, 150 Fourth Avenue North, Suite 700, Nashville, TN, 37219-2417. Web site: www.nasba.org
Program Level: Intermediate
Advance preparation: No prerequisites
The speaker's PowerPoint presentation slides are included with your audio recording purchase. All materials are accessible through the Internet and can be downloaded as a PDF file.
$199.00 for audio conference recording (CD or DVD) and program materials.
This is an outstanding program and therefore we offer purchasers a Money Back Guarantee. We are so confident that you will find the conference valuable that we offer a 100% money back guarantee from now until 30 days after the audio recording is shipped, making this a risk-free investment. Audio recordings will be received approximately three weeks after the live conference.