- Webinar DVD's and CD's:
Student Assistance Programs: Doís & Doníts for Helping Troubled Students Webinar Recording Price:
199.00 (U.S. Dollars)
Students with troubles at home or who use drugs and alcohol make it difficult for themselves and those around them to learn. But when is it OK for educators to get involved? When and how do you involve the parents or even law enforcement? Join us for a 60-minute webinar where you and your colleagues will learn how Student Assistance Programs (SAP) can help you help your students.
- SAP at your school- what you can & can't do to help your students
- How to implement, assess, & improve your student assistance policies
Confidentiality issues with "at-risk" students- what you need to know
When you must involve parents and/or law enforcement- and how
This practical 60-minute, webinar will provide you and your colleagues with the tools to identify troubled students, assess their needs, and provide them with support they require to achieve academically.
- Tricky Student Assistance Issues- Answers to Your Toughest Questions
- Walking the fine line: when educators should & shouldn't get involved
- How to avoid potential confidentiality & liability issues
- Guidelines for involving parents, law enforcement, & professional help
- Critical Components of a Successful Student Assistance Program
- Who you should & should not include in your SAP team
- Policies & procedures that protect your students & your school
- How to achieve administrative, staff, parental, & community support
- The 4 Phases of Student Assistance Programs: Identification to Follow Up
- Tips & tricks to identify "at-risk" students: behaviors to look for
- Gather information & create a game plan- the who, what, & how
- Intervention- overcome resistance and get them the help they need
Monitor, mentor, & motivate students to achieve academic success
- Live question and answer session - Have your questions answered by our expert speaker.
James F. Crowley is the president of Community Intervention, Inc and a nationally recognized trainer and keynote speaker at national conferences.
- Mr. Crowley is an expert in Student Assistance Programs, support group facilitation, alternatives to suspension, community mobilization, children of alcohol/drug dependent families, children of divorce, and ATOD intervention.
- In 2003, the National Association of Children of Alcoholics Mr. Corwley was awarded for his contributions to the COA field. He is the executive producer of two award-winning educational films and several instructional videos.
- Mr. Crowley is the author of several books on student assistance and community mobilization. He is a former Board President for the National Association for Children of Alcoholics (NACoA).
The speaker's PowerPoint presentation slides are included with your audio recording purchase. All materials are accessible through the Internet and can be downloaded as a PDF file.
$199.00 for audio conference recording (CD or DVD) and program materials.
This is an outstanding program and therefore we offer purchasers a Money Back Guarantee. We are so confident that you will find the conference valuable that we offer a 100% money back guarantee from now until 30 days after the audio recording is shipped, making this a risk-free investment. If you should have any concerns, comments, or refund requests with this conference, please contact our customer service representatives at 800-964-6033. Audio recordings will be received approximately three weeks after the live conference.