- Webinar DVD's and CD's:
Student Search & Seizure Guidelines: Strategies for Safer K-12 Classrooms Webinar Recording Price:
199.00 (U.S. Dollars)
Student search and seizure guidelines continue to leave a grey area for educators and administrators faced with student misconduct in and out of the classroom. With student accessibility to cell phones, laptops & social networking sites in your classrooms, search & seizure is more difficult than ever before. Join us for a live, 60-minute webinar, where you and your colleagues will discover:
- Confiscation dos and don'ts for cell phones, laptops & personal belongings
- When is it okay to monitor student texts, emails & Facebook pages?
- Search & seizure guidelines for effective classroom management
- Most common mistakes schools are making-and how to avoid them
This practical, 60-minute webinar will arm your entire staff with the lawful search and seizure strategies to keep your schools safe and comply with student 4th amendment rights.
- Search & Seizure -Keys for Dealing with Student Technology Misconduct
- Cell phones, laptops & iPods: Confiscation dos and don'ts
- Keys to searching student texts, email & Facebook pages
- Strategies for monitoring inappropriate student behavior online
- K-12 Search and Seizure Practices: What's Legal and What's Not?
- Guidelines for searching backpacks, lockers & personal belongings
- When is it time to involve local law enforcement at your school?
- How to handle illegal drugs & weapons in the classroom
- 4th Amendment Rights & Student Privacy Concerns: What You Need to Know
- Keys to ensure school safety-while respecting student privacy rights
- Legal guidelines when pat down & strip searches are necessary
- Strategies for investigating student behavior under the 4th Amendment
- LIVE Question and Answer Session Have your real-world Search and Seizure questions answered!
Jacqueline A. Stefkovich is a professor of school law and ethics in the Department of Educational Leadership at The Pennsylvania State University. She holds a doctoral degree in Administration, Planning, and Social Policy from Harvard University's Graduate School of Education and a J.D. from the University of Pennsylvania Law School. Dr. Stefkovich began her career as a teacher and public school guidance counselor. She is licensed to practice law in New Jersey, Pennsylvania, and the District of Columbia.
- Dr. Stefkovich's primary research interests focus on students' rights and school official's responsibilities under the Fourth Amendment. She has published extensively in peer reviewed journals as well as in law reviews. She has written two books with Lawrence Rossow: The Law and Education: Cases and Materials and an Education Law Association (ELA) monograph Search and Seizure in the Public Schools. With Joan Shapiro, she published Ethical Leadership and Decision Making in Education: Applying Theoretical Perspectives to Complex Dilemmas. In July 2006, she published a book on law and ethics entitled: The Best Interests of the Student: Applying Ethical Constructs to Legal Cases in Education.
The speaker's PowerPoint presentation slides are included with your audio recording purchase. All materials are accessible through the Internet and can be downloaded as a PDF file.
$199.00 for audio conference recording (CD or DVD) and program materials.
This is an outstanding program and therefore we offer purchasers a Money Back Guarantee. We are so confident that you will find the conference valuable that we offer a 100% money back guarantee from now until 30 days after the audio recording is shipped, making this a risk-free investment. If you should have any concerns, comments, or refund requests with this conference, please contact our customer service representatives at 800-964-6033. Audio recordings will be received approximately three weeks after the live conference.